PDA

View Full Version : Oziexplorer V Mapsource

FNQCairns
11-12-2007, 08:07 AM
I really really badly want to use my existing Oziexplorer over the trademarked Mapsource software for use in my SD card Garmin 525/555, saves money, time bothering with yet another piece of software, have electronic marine charts and greenzone charts all calibrated for plotting etc.

Will I fail to get ozi to talk to my chartplotter via the sd card for waypoint/track/route information?

Will be purchasing as SD card soon, which involves a trip to the big smoke so would also rather come back with all the bit's if I am forced to go Garmin trademark software.

any advice welcome

thanks fnq

bay_firey
12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Thats a damn good question.
Oziexplorer will definately talk to a garmin that is connected via a cable to your computer.

Alot would dpend on the format that ozie explorer saves the waypoint/track/route data in. (eg .gdx , .gpx , .gpa) and then detrmine if that is compatible with the garmin unit.
Have a look next time you want to save a waypoint/track/route file from ozi expl and see what "save as" options you have.

Do you have an SD card ?? They are dirt cheap (bought a 2 gig card for $39.00 last week) so it maybe worthwhile getting one and having a go.

FNQCairns
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks Mark, you seen to have some understanding of these things, been doing some research lately, it seems Ozi does not support my GPS unless like you say it is a direct hookup.

The file I need on my SD is .adm, found out that GPSU can handle them so going to use it as the go-between Ozi and the SD card, at least that is the plan ATM I am a bit basic with this stuff.

cheers fnq