PDA

View Full Version : I think I've found a great new old motor for my old boat.

finga
10-12-2007, 07:00 AM
I think I may have found a replacement motor for my old boat.
A 36.7hp Royal Scott made by McCullock sometime before I was born. (Probably even before TOL was born) ;D
I have to go and have another gander today and probably part with my cash.
I found out how to date them so hopefully I'll be able to bung a picture up later with a date.
They stopped making them in 1960 so it must be older then me.

It even has a hose to the water pump that can pump the bilge when the motor is going.
How good is that!! ;D

It may just end up living in the spare bedroom or lounge room as a decoration;D....maybe not too
:behead:

Noelm
10-12-2007, 08:14 AM
geees I had some good/bad times with an old Scott Outboard I had once, it was an aircooled thing about 3HP, used to get as hot as buggery, and when you went into reverse, which was a full 180 degree rotation of the Motor, it used to give you a major burn on the forearm from the muffler, what a marvel of design that was!

charleville
10-12-2007, 08:46 AM
It even has a hose to the water pump that can pump the bilge when the motor is going.
How good is that!! ;D

http://myskitch.com/charleville/dock-20071210-084526.jpg

revs57
10-12-2007, 09:34 AM
hahahahahahaha well done charley

finga
10-12-2007, 04:00 PM
You wouldn't be having a go at me would you Charlie??? ;)

I went and brought the bugger but have to pick it up on Wednesday (maybe).
It ain't a 36hp. It's a woppa...a whole 43.7hp (if I remember right again)

Spare parts won't be a problem because I brought 2 of the buggers :D
It even comes with forward controls a charge coil and a trolley :D

But alas I forgot the camera so pictures will have to wait until pickup.

Thinking now that I'll have to get boat number 4 to bung it on if I can't keep it in the lounge-room ::)

sid_fishes
10-12-2007, 06:25 PM
mate you are sick. why do this to yourself. cheers ian

finga
10-12-2007, 07:43 PM
mate you are sick. why do this to yourself. cheers ian
Because I can ;D

rando
10-12-2007, 11:09 PM
I thought self flaggelation was the domain of the cloistered monk, not fishermen,,,,, ,,,,
come to think of it we do have a masochistic streak

Oh Well maybe your not as "out there" as I first thought;D

death_ship
11-12-2007, 05:42 AM
hey Scotty
what are you up to? collecting things to start your own artificial reef at evans? make sure you put the oars in.

finga
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Well I have pictures now....and a date...1961 or 62 :D

I don't know why you fellas think it's an extension of Harry's reef.
Just remember there's no injection to stuff up.
No etec garbage
No electronics to play up and cost a zillion dollars to repair
No pretty much anything except the bailo-matic....what a beauty ;D

Anyways here's some pictures.
The bailo-matic can be seen hanging vertically near the floor near the front of the trailer in the 1st picture.

Besides I had to buy them (because I brought 2 of the buggers) because they've got my name on them. ;D

How many of you jokers can say that their outboard has your name on it.
I reckon not many of you are called are called Mercury..(in ya dreams you might be called Mercury) or Evinrude (I feel sorry for you if you are), Suzuki or Honda (well that's not so bad as a surname bit of a nancy first name though), Yamaha (sounds like a laughing fit), Tohatsu (bless you as it sounds like your sneezing).....the list can go on and on.

Cheers then
Scott ::)
PS look at this link. It's about one for sale in the US..read and weep
http://pub16.bravenet.com/forum/1303649847/fetch/457753/5

darkside
12-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Finga , about a week ago I spotted an old motor and immediately thought of you , it was an old victa lawn mower with an outboard attachment that had never been used, but the mower still runs like a charm , had it had a few more horses I would have snavelled it for you but I think they are only around 50cc .I am guessing in its day it was cutting edge technology.;D

death_ship
12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
$3000! well i guess the seppos invented the etec so that figures.
so what did u pay for this peice of engineering history? you may even make a profit.
gee the lady on that website swears alot:D

finga
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Finga , about a week ago I spotted an old motor and immediately thought of you , it was an old victa lawn mower with an outboard attachment that had never been used, but the mower still runs like a charm , had it had a few more horses I would have snavelled it for you but I think they are only around 50cc .I am guessing in its day it was cutting edge technology.;D

Maaaaaaaaaaaate, you should have known better then to let it pass ::)
They were 125cc...big powerful brutes they were
More crap in the shed...beee-uuuuti ;D
Just don't tell the cook ;)

$3000! well i guess the seppos invented the etec so that figures.
so what did u pay for this peice of engineering history? you may even make a profit.
gee the lady on that website swears alot:D
Price ......the price is a secret.....have a guess.
If I said the price you blokes would finally cotton on that I'm certifiably nutso :-[
Haven't heard the lady...might have to click on the link hey 8-)