PDA

View Full Version : pumping or dredging at bribie

robersl
09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
hi all was coming back from morton this today and noticed a big boat sitting just off bribie surfside looked to be pumping sand or water into the air and towards the beach any one know whats going on are they replacing te beach sand

shane

Flattie Assassin
09-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah i've noticed it. I'd be interested to know what they are up too as well.

Mrs Ronnie H
09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi All

We saw that to coming back from camping today. Looked rather like they were spreading sand on the beach.

Ronnie

Oh Gee
09-12-2007, 08:56 PM
It looks like there replacing the beach. I was out in front of Bribie yesterday so got a good view of it. Its sucking up the sand from around the Spitfire Channel

Kleyny
09-12-2007, 08:56 PM
oops wrong barge:-[ :-[ :-[

seatime
09-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Is this what's happening:

QUEENSLAND
NOTICE TO MARINERS

830 (Temporary) of 2007

BRISBANE PILOTAGE AREA

LOCALITY: MORETON BAY - SPITFIRE CHANNEL AND WOORIM - BRIBIE
ISLAND
ACTIVITY: DREDGING ACTIVITIES

Mariners are advised that the dredge "BRISBANE" will resume dredging operations from 3
December 2007. The dredge program will include approximately 7 days of beach replenishment
work at Woorim, Bribie Island. Sand will be sourced from the Spitfire Channel area and the
dredge will be assisted at Woorim by the tug "TARALGA".
The dredge "BRISBANE" will monitor VHF channel 12 and will display the appropriate lights
and signals.
Mariners should exercise caution when navigating in the areas of operations.

AUS Charts Affected: 235, 236
Maritime Safety Queensland Charts Affected: Moreton Bay – Manly to Mooloolaba (MB1)

Maritime Safety Queensland Beacon to Beacon Directory 7th Edition map 57 & 63

Flattie Assassin
10-12-2007, 06:26 AM
oops wrong barge:-[ :-[ :-[

lol are you talking about the one tied up under the bridge. Nice little bit of structure i've been casting around lately. ;D

SgBFish
10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I saw that tug “TARALGA” yesterday on his way out to Woorim. He seemed to be in a hurry. Flank speed about 6knots and pushed half of Moreton bay out of the way as he sped out. What a weapon!!
It has about half a metre of freeboard.

robersl
10-12-2007, 04:59 PM
thanks every one and gelsec i can sleep in peace tonight knowing that now however i think she would of been ok for the ting fish off the beach near there with all that dirty water running back in

shane

SeaSaw
10-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I saw that tug “TARALGA” yesterday on his way out to Woorim. He seemed to be in a hurry. Flank speed about 6knots and pushed half of Moreton bay out of the way as he sped out. What a weapon!!
It has about half a metre of freeboard.

LOL .... my dad is captaining the TARALGA for the week while it is being used to move the barge about. Still driving like a mad man ;D

Nicko
14-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Someone should take a photo of the dredging behemoth in action or dormant, and post it in this thread :)
I want to see what it looks like and maybe some others might who can't actually get out there on a boat.

Nick