PDA

View Full Version : male or female

angler1
08-12-2007, 05:44 PM
was wondering if anyone knows how you tell the differance between a male or female redclaw. as i want to get a pair and try and breed them(bit hard with two of the same sex).

cheers angler1

lippa
09-12-2007, 12:30 AM
its either the second, or third leg up, as you hold them upside down,
they will have eiether a small dick like looking thing, or a round circle looking thingy.
there one with the circle looking thingy, is a chic, the other a bloke.
i suck at writting a description, but you will see what i mean when ya turn them over.

Cammy
10-12-2007, 07:31 PM
hey mate,lippa is right about the circle thing, females have them on the third pair of legs and its a little circle, males have a circle on ther first pair of legs near the tail.
also males generally have the red membrane on the claw, so if u have one with the red claw, its probably a male.
i have alos been breeding redclaw, and is goin good. whats your reason for breeding them?

cam

angler1
11-12-2007, 05:53 AM
hi cam the reason i am going to try and breed a few is mainly for the kids, they love the look of the red claw and i wouldnt mind seeing there reaction when there tails are laiden with eggs and then babies.

angler1

Cammy
12-12-2007, 09:32 PM
they can be an attractive pet in the aquarium when they get bigger, and they start to go a nice dark blue.;)
i accidently started breeding redclaw. the crays i have now were actually feeders for my barramundi, but they lived and hide in the ceremic log thing, and they bred like that. and then one day when i was cleaning out the tank i saw little white crayfish all walking in the tank when i was doin the gravel clean, and i didnt want them to die or get sucked up the tube, i decided to grow them in a seperate tank.;D
i dont even know what im gonna do with them when they are older:-/

cam