PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish slow to load lately?

revs57
08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
G'day,

I've found the ausfish web pages exceptionally slow to load over the last couple of days. It doesn't seem to matter what time of day or night, busy periods or 2.00am when there aren't many logged on.

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar difficulties?

In fact the progress bar down the bottom right hand side of my browser shows incompete processes and the status bar tells me there is still data being transferred from ausfish.

Any clues? I don't think anything has changed on my end and I don't have a problem on other sites when browsing.

Cheers

Rhys

Crestcutter
08-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Seems "normal" for me Rhys but i am on 8000kbps though?

mik01
08-12-2007, 07:59 AM
could be the type of advertising that needs to be loaded? looks like more interactive advertising is on this site than before.
depends on how Steve has set the web pages to load - some load the ads first so while you wait for the content you get to read the ads, and some do it the other way 'round. then again, if its all set to load at the same time, you wait - seems this is what happens on here.
I can't think of another explanation, but I experience the same delays as yourself

aussiefool
08-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Mate follow this link and down load Mozilla made a heck of a difference for me
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=116017

theoldlegend
08-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi Rhys,

Ours is pretty good, but sometimes strange things happen.

Methinks that sometimes the powers that be like Telstra who own the lines etc and others who rent space from Telstra do funny things? Don't know.

TOL

revs57
09-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Thanks guys,

Mik I've been fine till Friday, even with the extra advertising

Aussiefool, I made the adjustments a month or so ago and its been really flying since which makes the time lag very frustrating

TOL, thanks John, you gave me the clue to solving the problem - Ring Bog Brother!!!!

So I rang Telstra to see what the heck has gone on...it seems my "unlimited" deal is "shaped" (gotta read the fine print!!!) and we'd hit the ceiling, and reverted to the unlimited bit on less than dial up speed so you have my sympathy Dazza!

Yep, since my beautiful 16 y/o daughter has finished school for the year, she's been streaming videos hey, 12 gigs worth!!! Our normal usage is around 6-7 gigs per month, but she chewed up every last bit we had.

Sorry Ausfish for the alarm, keep up the good work. Gotta love this site...

I've got a higher plan for a month and we'll revert back in Dec.

Now where is Esther?????

Cheers

Rhys

theoldlegend
20-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi Rhys,

Aaaaah yes, daughters!! Where would we be without them? :-/

I suppose that technically speaking, Telstra is correct in saying you have "unlimited" downloads, but as you say, the fine print is another kettle of fish. Ours is shaped as well, but as yet we haven't stepped over the line.

Perhaps Esther might wish to contribute to your Telstra bill if she persists in downloading videos, but by now I'm assuming that you might have pointed out the error of her ways to her. ::)

Regards,

TOL