PDA

View Full Version : were do you get your motor serviced?

breamnut
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
heps of people have had bad experiances with boat dealerships with buying or serviceing.
were is you prefered place to get your motor serviced?
for me it would have to be A.B marine in tweed. this guy is awsome and gives a great price and comes to your house and does it!

mik01
06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
only serviced the motor once so far - wondall rd marine (Wynnum).
price was up there:o , but hard to tell if service was excellent or standard really.
these guys were recommended by other ausfishers, so gave them a shot at it based on that.

the jury is out, but I can't complain as I have nothing to compare it against. motor does run sweet, and they did pick up the choke not working and fixed it.

Scott Ashe
06-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Mate,

I would reccommend Wynnum marine to service your motor. They are Yamaha, Johnson and Evinrude dealers.

Their service is excellent, I had my new Yamaha 4 stroke service their, and because I don't drive a car they came out and picked up my boat, from victoria point, serviced my motor and then brought my boat home again.

Cheers
Scott

BaitThrower
06-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Good question and i'll wait for replies too since I will have to find somewhere good to have my old motor serviced next season.

Any tips on good Suzuki service joints? Especially for an older '83 5HP model? ::)

Blackened
06-12-2007, 06:49 PM
G'day

Have been going to ski and race marine, down at parkwood on the gold coast.

Price is excellent as he works from home and with many years in the game, really knows his stuff.

Also highly recomended is Anthony from Marine Worx at thornlands, the back of capalaba. Really nice bloke to boot.

Dave