PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble seeing channel markers?

castlemaine
05-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Ever have trouble making out the colour of a channel marker?:-/ Do you have trouble seeing the red flag (pin) on the golf course?

7 to 10% of men are colour blind. Red/Green is the most common.

It is very rare for a woman to be colour blind, although they can carry the gene.

If you're not sure search for 'colour blindness' on your search engine and do a colour blindness test on the net.

Food for thought?

Cheers8-)

Blackened
05-12-2007, 07:52 AM
G'day

Thats why they are different shaped.

My eyesight can best be described at shot @ 23 years of age.... trick for me is to know the area i'm going and use as many means of navigation as possible.

Dave

kingtin
05-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Yep, I have to go by shape. Heading to the pin for example from Jacob's Well (front way) in the morning. The sun is rising in your face and the side of the marker facing you is in shadow. Add to that the reflections on the water in front of you..............it takes me all my powers of observation to see the marker, let alone it's shape or colour.

kev

finga
05-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Where I used to work about 60% of the blokes were colour blind.
Not too bad seeing we're all sparkies :D

Knowing the area and knowing the shapes help a lot :)

whitingkiller
07-12-2007, 08:36 AM
would be prepared to pay more for boat rego, if they installed a flasher on EVERY beacon!

tidemaster
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Heading south from the seaway to sundale bridge on the goldie at night is pretty tough to make out the beacons. All the background clutter can make it near impossible regarless of colour. Not that it matters it is a pretty straight run anyway

FrankFWM
10-12-2007, 12:03 AM
would be prepared to pay more for boat rego, if they installed a flasher on EVERY beacon!

I AGREE!!!

Frank

Luc
10-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Don't say that you're prepared to pay more regio, it would be just another tax like the increase in stamp duty on new vehicle next year!

You'd be lucky to get 10 cents in each extra dollar actually spent on improving the beacons.

I'd settle for much brighter lights on the current ones so they stand out a bit more against all the street lights etc..

Luc