PDA

View Full Version : Sealing Bungs

Tailortaker
04-12-2007, 10:14 AM
G'day All, noticed the other day that the bungs were leaking a bit so I want to replace them but what is the best product to seal it with once I put the new ones on ???
Thanks TT

robbo77
04-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Sitkaflex make a Marine sealant/Adhesive 291 comes in 310ml tubes i have the same problem with a bit of corrosion around the bungs so i will be trying some of that. I have been told you can use windscreen sealant but i dont know how that will react with alloy.

rocksberg6
04-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Go the sikaflex!Great sealant,but watch spilt fuel when filling up ect. ( of course ) Had my boat lifted at the front when cleaning the other day and small amount of fuel came out of breather, ran out back drain hole, and lifted the sikaflex clean off.

Roughasguts
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Go the sikaflex!Great sealant,but watch spilt fuel when filling up ect. ( of course ) Had my boat lifted at the front when cleaning the other day and small amount of fuel came out of breather, ran out back drain hole, and lifted the sikaflex clean off.

That's good to know what cleans the stuff off. I have been using a razor blade, but if petrol works on a rag i'm all for that.