PDA

View Full Version : Which keel rollers to use.

tropicrows
04-12-2007, 07:51 AM
I recently fitted a brass keel strip to my fibreglass pride and joy. Now I find the red poly keel rollers are to soft and the boat digs into them just sitting on the trailer. They are getting cut to pieces ever time I launch and retrieve the boat. The black rubber keel rollers seem harder but is their anything better.

Roughasguts
04-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Me old man had a brass skeg rudder and strip on his clinker timber boat.

The rollers looked like cast iron to me then hor dipped in gal, there as good as new today and over 45 years old.

Blackened
04-12-2007, 09:08 AM
G'day

Try either the blue rollers designed for alloy boats or the aluminium rollers designed for alloy boats.

Dave

boatie
04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
hey,
id be trying the blue rollers like blackend said. Would the brass and the alluminium rollers react?

boatie

Blackened
04-12-2007, 06:32 PM
G'day

boatie... I don't believe they would react... if stored together in salt water for long periods of time, sure.... but not sitting on a trailer on land.

Dave

boatie
04-12-2007, 06:50 PM
thanks black end,
i know that copper and ally dont go togeather but wasnt sure about the brass so i would also say give the blue ones a go and if they bugger up get the alloy ones.

Boatie

tropicrows
06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks, for the feed back guys. I don't suppose any one knows, what DURO reading (hardness) the black, red and blue rollers are.