PDA

View Full Version : P66 Transducer users

seamonkey
03-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi All

I'm finding the P66 produces a lot of spray, particularly on my deep v hull. I'm finding not only the side spray but water being forced thru the bracket and out the top. Anybody noticed the same particularly on deep V's?

Cheers
SM

Smithy
03-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Get a spray deflector.

seamonkey
03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Smithy

yeah I know what can be done....I'm more interested if it a common problem with deep v hulls and if anyone has found a good mounting solution.

SM

bluefin59
04-12-2007, 05:32 PM
This is my solution to the problem its the same as smithy said ....matt

Smithy
05-12-2007, 02:56 AM
No it is not a problem.

Had this transducer on a 702 Signature. Held plane at 38knots and no adverse spray.

The Humminbird looking transducer is for a bottom following Canon Digitroll IV downrigger.

seamonkey
05-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks Smithy.......whilst I'm interested because I have just installed one, I'm also doing a bit of research into transducer and sounder setup maybe looking to produce a more specific guide than the usual generic instructions.

SM

Hagar
05-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes it is a problem with the P66 especially on deep vee hulls if you need to have one corner of the transducer mounted below the hull because it had to be mounted on the veed part of the hull like mine due to interference from planing strakes . In this case yes the spray does come up in front of the mount and a spray deflector is needed like Matt says . Mine was also nicely shooting the spray onto the intake area of the engine cover before the deflector was fitted . For this reason the deflector had to be sealed at the front and around the cable to stop the upward spray .

Chris

dicko1980
20-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi seamonkey,

I had all sorts of trouble with water spray using the P66 Transducer on my Hooker. I originally installed it as shown where I thought the instructions said to place it but after encountering problems and posting the topic http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=105036&highlight=Airmar
and reading the instructions from the Airmar website I relocated the transducer closer to the motor about 100mm from memory. http://www.airmartechnology.com/uploads/InstallGuide/17-247-03.pdf
When I get my boat back from the dealer, hopefully tomorrow, I will post a couple of pics. It may take some time to find the correct location but it will be well worth it. Just fill the holes with Sikaflex and S/S screws till your ready to repair them if glass.

Cheers
dicko19808-)