PDA

View Full Version : Good Charters in Perth WA?

Red_Nut
03-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Morning Team,
it looks like the family mught be heading over to Perth for a family visit in February. Sounds to me like the perfect oportunity for a day charter on the other side of the country!!!

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good charter over there? I see there are a lot of charters run from Perth, so many to pick from.

Your Perth charter experiences will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Ed.

blaze
03-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I think the trouble in Perth is that they seem to cater for the tourist more so than the fisherman, tried to get a charter when I was there in Aug and no one was running because it was to rough, made lots of phone calls to no avail. Hope you have more luck
cheers
blaze

dodgyone
03-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Al Bevan at Shakiri is my pick. Sambo Jigging in the season which will pretty much be wrapped up by then. Also doing deep sea bottom bashing with some of the best gear you can lay your hands on. Im heading back out in Feb if I can swing a couple of days off while im down there.
Contact is 0412 131 958
He is the only one I have used personally and gladly recommend him.

NEWBY
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I am from Perth myself and have been on Mills Charters out of Hillary's Marina many times. Good day out there. Not bad operators.

Red_Nut
09-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Team - after checking out a few of the ads in the yellow pages and their websites it looks like Mills may be the go??

I am hoping the sambo jigging is still firing when we get there it definitely sounds like the go.

Any other comments or suggestions from the team here before I start making bookings???

Cheers.

Ed.

SCOTTYGC
09-01-2008, 05:48 PM
have a look at the charters out of mandura south of perth

i went on one out of there some time ago and was good fishing

dhufish ,crays and others was a great day

i have a mate over the i will shoot him an email and see what he sends back

scotty

Red_Nut
06-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Team - after a bit of research I booked a day on Mills Charters out of Hillarys Wharf in Perth. Talking to the bloke that runs it was good, so hopefully this is a sign of the way they run their business.

Bring on 18th February!!!!

I'll try to post some pics after the holiday is over, and give my opinion of the charter.

Cheers.

Ed.

turrum
06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Check out westerangler for recommendations, as this is their biggest forum with all the pros, or even pop western angler an e-mail as i think from memory one of the big pro's in this mag also has a charter.
http://www.westernangler.com.au/forum/

Fishin_Dan
06-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Have to back your choice of Mills Charters. Have been out with them before, and they are fantastic! Had an absolute ball, and they chatted all night to their customers. They happily gave away as much information and knowledge as they had, and were more than happy to show/teach what they look for on the sounder when chasing the target fish.

SCOTTYGC
07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
here is the info from my mate
i see he has selected mills charters out of hillirys to

the aqualib is the boat that we went on last time over

very much catered for the fisherman

the Aqualib Mandurah 95869778

Deep water charters 1800601588 Freo

Mills charters 92465334 Hillarys