PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird 997c SI v's Navman 8084

Almako
02-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey there, i am interested to get feedback from owners or others considering purchasing one of these two sounders, and anyone else with an opinion for that matter.

Basically i am after a good fish finder so i can locate fish.
I generally fish inside Moreton Bay, but have plans to get to Hutchinson's.

What i like about -

Humminbird 997c SI - This unit seems to be more of a fish finder, especially with Side Imaging.

Navman 8084 - I like this unit because i have a Mercury and can hook up smart craft. The screen is large and i do a little bit of night fishing so adding a radar will be possible at a later stage.

But i really want something like the Hummingbird so i can see whats under the water/boat.

What would you do? what are your thoughts?
Thanks Al 8-)

bobp
03-12-2007, 08:40 AM
not shore about the humminbird but the navman will run a 1kw transducer and i fine very easy to use
bob

Almako
03-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the reply Bob, i have a cheap navman at the moment it also is simple to use.

Is no one out there as excited about side imageing as i am?

or has advertising got the better of me.

Stumpy-USA
04-12-2007, 04:46 AM
I've been using the Hummingbird for about a year now and its the best thing since sliced bread. The features are amazing and once you get used to reading the screen you won't be able to live without it. You can actually mark an object on the side imaging with a gps point and troll over it and find it on your vertical sonar image. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Almako
04-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Good call Stumpy, i am so ready to buy one. Maybe santa will be kind this year :)