PDA

View Full Version : lowrance x52

fishripple
29-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi fellas and ladies, just want your thoughts and any reviews that may be about the lowrance x52 and anyone that's owned one? never owned a sounder so any help would be great.

BigE
29-11-2007, 07:53 PM
FR
there ok for a budget sounder had one for about three years in my tinny. How deep do you fish? play with the grayline & sensitivity and there good to about 40m , could get mine to read a 4in plastic at 35m , the hardest thing to learn on them is picking the type of bottem , the diff between mud and sand is the hardest. use as much sensitivity and zoom to get the most of your pixcels

BigE

fishripple
30-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks BigE, sounds good. didn't realise you'd be able to pick up the plastic on it that deep? Was looking at the garmin ff140 and the like for about $200, but the x52 seemed to have better features and pixel count on it for that bit more. Thanks for the reply!

BigE
01-12-2007, 07:06 PM
keep playing with it there a resonable sounder for the price. when i first got mine i bought a bathoscope so i could have a look at what the sounder was showing.

disorderly
01-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Dont want to put the mocker on it because I dont know this particular sounder,but I am pretty familiar with the model designated X51.
A mate who I did many offshore trips with had this sounder and it kept fogging up .He had it replaced 3 times under warranty and eventually tossed the forth and bought a different brand sounder.
The headaches he had were unbelievable.The dealer support was crap(after the 3rd time he wanted to upgrade to a better sounder but they would not let him.
As a result I would never buy Lowrance.

Probably should have added that I have had Lowrance products in the past but their handling of this guys problems were abysmal.

Scott

MitchCalcutt
03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi mate how are you?
I have had a X51 now for many years without any problems whatsoever. It picked up everything I needed it to from fallen trees to the fish that lived around them. No worries in salt either, had the unit with me in Weipa 4 times in four years without a hiccup. I’ve recently purchased a Humminbird with much the opposite results. I’m not sure how much I can say without being prosecuted but if I could go back in time I would certainly buy another Lowrance or Navman. I won’t touch another Humminbird with someone else’s money.
Just read the post before mine and yes mine did fog up to but this was only the X51. Must have been made in a different factory, that doesn't change my oppinion of it though.
Mitch