PDA

View Full Version : raymarine switch problem

wayneoro
29-11-2007, 02:19 PM
:o bought from scuba steve recently done 3 trips off/on switch seems to have a mind of its own well u can try to start it up to 20 times before it gets going once it does it stays on and does a great job :-/ thought maybe its not getting anough volts as i have chartplotter etc but very unlikely or maybe heat it was a hot day last trip and there is direct sun through my wind screen but everything else is ok in same conditions :'( sent them a email hoping for there input but no reply as yet :-[

snelly1971
29-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Know how you feel ...Every time i buy something it is either broken or has parts bloody missing....So at least now i know there are 2 of us who have rotton luck..

Mick

Dirtysanchez
30-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Wayne, is the switch sitting behind a membrane panel or independant ?
A photo would help - I may be able to source a replacement 4 you
Russell

wayneoro
05-12-2007, 03:22 PM
now it is gone wont power up at all 3mths old used 3 times looks nice though

Roo
07-12-2007, 02:16 PM
"dud up da dahhhh, Return to sender..." was it a re manufactured jobbie or a new one?

notsa
07-12-2007, 04:40 PM
This may not have anything to do with your problem,but mine used to turn itself off and I had trouble turning it on some times. One day I was having a look at the problem when I moved the power lead and it turned itself off and came back on so I took the fuse out and stretched the fuse spring and I haven`t had the problem again. Just a thought.

wayneoro
08-12-2007, 09:56 PM
u might have it mate but 2 late yanky she is heading cheers

Quirky
10-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Wayneoro, if this is an E or C series chartplotter you are talking about, I have had some experience fitting these. They do have quite a current draw, I always used 6mm power cable for these units. The problem you are speaking of, I have seen this when 4mm cable is used. Also be sure of the negative connection, preferably to a bus bar. Hope this helps.

wayneoro
10-12-2007, 08:43 PM
cheers quirky its a newish sounder but u could well be right cheers ps its in the states now c wot happens