PDA

View Full Version : Fish Arches Humminbird 777c2

Barraboy7
28-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi All
Just got a new H 777c2 recently and have been using it on Awoonga Dam.
I hear of heaps of guys talking of big shows of fish arches when they sight barra on their sounders, but I will be blowed if I ever see any. Anyone with a same or similar unit, I think the 767, 787 etc have the same tech, who can advise on how to tune it, maybe I need to set it up better. Love it in all other respects, crystal clear read of bottom, weed etc.
Any advice out there?:-/:-/:o
Barraboy7

Poseidon
28-11-2007, 03:16 PM
The mystery fish arches, I don't think I have ever seen one in the way it is described in the manuals or in the demo mode either. I have a Humminbird 787 on the bottom of my electric motor and find it shows great detail of structure. I bought the unit to locate schooling bass when fishing Somerset Dam however schooling bass looked nothing like fish arches that's for sure.
I don't really use it anymore to look for arches rather only to check structure and bottom.

mik01
28-11-2007, 04:05 PM
have you read the sticky thread above this one? shows the fabled arches in action

Steven78
28-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I have a 777c2 too. I am very happy. Bait shows up well and i can see arches above the bait balls. Next trip i will some shots with the 787 i have also and email them to you. You will only get an arch if you directly pass over the fish at about 1-4kms per hour.

Steve B
28-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Barraboy,

Page 17 in the thread at top of page I submitted some pics of bass schooled up at somerset on a matrix 77c (model before yours but same sort of reading)

I found the barra at monduran and awoonga look similar to this when suspended. they dont actually show an arch but more a thick line through the screen. the lines which you see in the pics that are flat then rise up and down etc are active fish. Check out the pics I posted and you will see what I mean

I found at awoonga when we used to troll shallow water (14ft or so) the fish looked like big red/yellow blobs hugging the bottom, and not arches as you see in the simulator. A lot of the smaller lines and arches at Awoonga are catties. we found that out on the weekend when jigging jackalls in them!!!

hope this helps.

cheers steve

Barraboy7
28-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I was looking for the arch type thing which I have seen occasionally, but often see big angular thick lines showing not flat but down the screen on an angle. Never seen abig group of them tho.
Any advice on settings? Sensitivity etc.. How do you run yours Steven78?
Barraboy7

Whitto
29-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Hi Guys
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I was looking for the arch type thing which I have seen occasionally, but often see big angular thick lines showing not flat but down the screen on an angle. Never seen abig group of them tho.
Any advice on settings? Sensitivity etc.. How do you run yours Steven78?
Barraboy7 G'Day BB7, You should see definite arches, When Bass (as per photo) are schooled up, Now when they are active or feeding u will get a slash appearance across your screen, As for Barra u should be seeing definite arches, It's also possible u have yet to sound over a school of Barra (hence no arches), Having said all that I have caught Barra and Bass that did not sound at all, Cheers Whitto PS I caught Bass after Bass that day more often than not before the slider got too the bottom, Cheers