PDA

View Full Version : Snapper on Soft Plastics Seminar

Flattie Assassin
27-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Date: 7th December 2007

Time: 7.30pm.

Cost: $6

Speaker:

The speaker is Mike Connolly. Mike is an experienced, successful angler, at the forefront of plastics fishing. He has been refining his techniques for over 20 yrs, not only in Australia, but also in America and Africa.
Mike is a regular tournament angler, fishing in Bass, Bream and Barra comps and is a loomis pro staffer.

Topics:

Snapper fishing in our local rivers, bay and outside.
Covering lure size and shapes.
Rigging styles and line class to maximise your success
Techniques for shallow and deep water. Fast and slow moving currents.
The importance of structure, natural and artificial reefs, Current lines and bait schools.
Skills to suit individual lures and situations.
Rod tip action
Up-tiding and down-tiding. Understanding feeding patterns of snapper so that you can target them more effectively.

*Choosing the most effective lure shapes, styles and sizes to suit river bay and offshore.
*Techniques to suit the lure style chosen, the depth of the water, and the rate of tidal movement.
*Using bite times throughout the day to catch more Snapper. What makes them feed at those times and their seasonal behaviour.
*The effect of the Moon, Tides, current lines and presence of bait schools.
*Where to fish and skills for fishing each area. Covering Peel, Mud, Green and st Helena Is, Pearl channel, Bribie foreshore, amity, Harry Atkinson Reef and much more.
*Effective use of your sounder, looking for broken rubble, submerged weed beds, coral reef, coffee rock, artificial reef and more.
*Gear Rods, Reels, Lines, Lures.

2 Lucky door prizes.

Pair of bi-focal Maui Mim sundglasses to $300 value.

Gary Howard CTS 4-8kg Inshore Snapper rod.

I'm going, sounds very informative. You have to ring and book.

Cheers
FA

TheRealAndy
27-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I really wanted to go to that one but I am busy that night.

They are also holding a fly fishing course for noobs like me. Its a full weekend session, starting on the 19th and costing $135.

danryan75
27-11-2007, 09:59 PM
TRA. definatey worth doing the fly fishing. best thing i ever did(over in nz tho) such a different and energetic foum of fishing. you are always doing something. have fun with it

alleycat
28-11-2007, 05:43 AM
I went to the one at logan 2 months ago, was great.

mik01
28-11-2007, 10:26 AM
have just booked - sounds like it will be a great night!

TheRealAndy
28-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I booked into the fly fishing course today! Been to a few presentations at Jones before, always good value.

plaztix
29-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Bugger, got a X-mas party that night.

Does anyone know when their will be another seminar like this? Bugger, F@*#, S#!t.................

Dirtysanchez
29-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks Flattie Assasin

BTW, I saw your assasin pic the other day on some X Box game, interesting modification you have done there, Up till then I honestly thought you were some hooded fisher Monk person ;D

Flattie Assassin
29-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Bahaah. I am, I am.

Dirtysanchez
30-11-2007, 09:57 AM
EEK, when you guys talk about the dark side I thought it was metaphorical !! :devil:

Actually I thought I should go buy an X Box coz there was a fishing game called Flattie assasin availble (closest thing I will get to the real thing until Xmas break)

Almako
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
sounds like a good seminar i'll ring and book in the morning

Timmy94
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
BUMP For tommorow nite