PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in Kurumba

Ian1
25-11-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm off to Kurumba for 2 weeks early next year. Can anyone recomend somewhere to stay. Am looking for self contained cabins or something similar.

Cheers

Ian

fez
25-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi Ian,

Do you want to stay in town, or out at the point? Will you have a boat?

There are pleanty of options either way, get in and book as the tourist season fills up quickly.

Let us know which area you want to stay and I will give you a few options.

Cheers,
Fez

ColacGirl
25-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi Ian,
My brother books into Gulf Country Caravan Park every year.
They have air-conditioned cabins with and without en-suites.
Boat ramp is only 350 metres away
http://karumbavanparks.com.au/

--
Bev

lenthals_barra
25-11-2007, 09:03 PM
hey mate, i highly reccomend the sunset caravan park it has self contained cabins. its at kurumba point. i think its like $70-80 a nite for 2 people. they have very good filleting tables with lights and hoses. they have a pool and also about 300mtrs from the sunset tavern. one of the best pubs going i rekon. im sure u'll spend quite abit of time there if ur anything like me. the caravan park is only 100mtrs from the boat ramp aswell. ide get in and book soon but i think it should be pretty goood as all the grey nomads from down south wont be up there at that time of year.

Ian1
26-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks fella's

Fez.
I would like to say at the point. Like lenthals_barra I plan on spending some time at the Sunset Tav. I will have a boat with me. Fisher boats is hopefully starting on my new 550 center console this week. Will be my first trip with the new boat. I have been there before but my previos boat was a 23 footer and we used to stay on the boat in the creeks up the coast so I have no idea where to say in town.

Being a dumb barstard:-/ I lost my GPS points for the spoil grounds off Karumba when I sold the boat. Do you have any offshore marks you would be willing to share with me to get me started. From memory the spoil grounds are about 4 naut miles out from the last marker.

Cheers

Ian

major-defect
26-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Karumba sunset caravan park at the point is good and the closest to the ramp and tavern which is a beaut spot as Lenthals said.

fez
28-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Ian,

Yeah if over at the point is the go (whats wrong with the animal bar?:o :-X) Nah only joking the sunset tav is the best place to enjoy a beer up there.;D ;D

The Caravan Parks the boys talk about are good, there is also Ash's as well, only across the road from the tav. I don't think you can go wrong with either park to be honest.

I have upgraded boats (and consequently sounders, GPS etc) when I moved from Cairns to Brisbane, so not sure if I have the marks written down. I will chase them up for you if I can find them.

Will let you know.

Cheers,
Fez

Ian1
30-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks Fez

I've had few beers at the Animal bar.........lets just say I find the Sunset Tav a bit more relaxed. I don't think its as bad as its reputaion but it sure does get a bit rowdy on occasions during the prawn season.

Cheers

Ian