PDA

View Full Version : South Currigee

first_mate
22-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Decided it was time for a long weekend last weekend and headed off to South Currigee on South Stradbroke.

What a great location particularly outside peak season.

Next time I go - i will go mid week cause that part of the Broadwater attracts pests on jet skis on weekends but mid week is very very quiet.

Cost me $16 per night and you can only get there by boat but as the photos I have hopefully attached show, what a great location

Angus

bastard
22-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Looks like a great spot,was there many midgees?

first_mate
22-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Mate, it was a great spot, and there were some mozzies, but no midgees that attacked me, and I am normally vulnerable to midgees.
Cheers,
Angus

SWFISHER
23-11-2007, 01:19 PM
How Big Of A Boat To Get There?

Cheers Kevin

first_mate
23-11-2007, 04:45 PM
How Big Of A Boat To Get There?

Cheers Kevin

Kevin,

Boats of all shapes and sizes can get there. 12ft tinny through to bigger boats. Mines an 18ft stacer bowrider. Just needs to be able to carry your camp gear.

Attached is a map the Gold Coast Council use to put the location into perspective.

You can boat down from Jacobs well - or drive anywhere round the Broadwater drop your boat in at a ramp a boat across.

Cheers,
Angus

needmoretime
16-12-2007, 11:58 AM
first_mate,

Looks like you had a great spot - am I right in saying that you can't take dogs there?

cheers
NMT

Franco
16-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Shhhhhhh!!!

The place sucks I don't know why anyone would go there??!!::)
;D

first_mate
16-12-2007, 07:59 PM
first_mate,

Looks like you had a great spot - am I right in saying that you can't take dogs there?

cheers
NMT

NMT,
You are right, no dogs allowed.
:D

needmoretime
18-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Thought so

Thanks First Mate

Cheers
NMT

mamu
21-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Shhhhhhh!!!

The place sucks I don't know why anyone would go there??!!::)
;D
I agree wholeheartedly. any one that goes there, will.....um.......never return, turn to stone, there's a boogie man, rabid crocs,MASSIVE drop bears that feed on human livers, theres no fish, too windy, HEAPS of bities.....its crap.......and tell all your friends the same thing.
m

laney
02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
i found south currigee a great camp site too. we camped there in july and we were the only ones camping there. we had our gear set up on the site just to the right of that picture i think. it rained all the first day and blew to hell the next but we still enjoyed ourselves. we'll back again.

we only had my 3m tinny so we used a water taxi from runaway bay marina that cost $50 and it carted 7 people and all our camping gear. between everyone it was a very cheap option and saved many runs back and forwards to get everyone there.