PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Surf Ski's

SNAPPERCOFFIN
21-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Anyone who could give me an idea of where to look for 2 second hand surf skis for Christmas for my 2 boys. We at Bribie 2 min away from the passage and they love fishing so I will set them up with trailers for their bikes so they can head of fishing. Looking at spending $100-$150 each. Will travel so any suggestions of shops or private sale would be helpful.

Mark

DAVE_S
21-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Mark
put a post in the wanted section i,ll have a talk to a bloke i know he has 1 maybe 2 under his house that he does not us he may want to sell . also try the t post

Blackened
21-11-2007, 08:25 PM
G'day

Trading post will be perfect, maybe try the odd kayak/canoe club.

Dave

Flattie Assassin
22-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Yeah, you sometimes will find them in the trading post. Not a good time of year to be looking second hand though, with summer coming on. Good idea though. The passage is great for paddle craft. Hope you find something. :)

FA

PADDLES
22-11-2007, 08:09 AM
i've been having a bit of a look for a couple of cheap plastic kayaks myself mark. cheapest i've seen so far was 2 for sale at tamborine for $500 for both. it's just the wrong time of year i reckon, i'm going to wait till after christmas now.

Roughasguts
22-11-2007, 09:23 AM
BCF had the Moorea daylite paddler for 280 bucks a little while back.
Then you got the paddle at around 60 bucks to add on top of the price.

Dirtysanchez
22-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Mate I picked up a beaut 2.4mtr one out of the weekend shopped in the courier mail not so long ago, $65!
I had to do some work on it, bit of fibreglass repair and a dab of paint, but it came up really well and its top fun paddling around the creeks. I also take it to the beach and try to act like when I was 18 and could surf all day (cough cough)