PDA

View Full Version : Try buying a seafarer

troy
20-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I have been trying to get a price on buying a Seafarer since Saturday and so far have not got even been given a price.
I have been in touch with Lindsay Fry and due to the merger with haines signature he told me to get in contact with the sales manager of the haines group.
I did this and spoke to the new dealership that was giving to me and they told me that they did not have any prices
I can understand Pinhead cancelling his deal because of the time frame from a rival company but this situation tops it all.
Try buying a seafarer and getting prices if you are succesfull let me know
Troy

Chimo
20-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I've heard theres a waiting list for an interview to see if they will in fact actually sell you one.

Its always been a pretty exclusive set up and not all can join the club!

Chimo

jman2016
20-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Seafarer were always built up to a standard and not down to a price, which was a factor that made me cross them off my boat list :'(. I couldn't afford them.

Whats' the inside goss? Why the sellup? i did enjoy reading their options section though in the catalogue;D

jamesryan30
20-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey Troy. I went through this a few months ago with the Seafarer. Because I was mucked around I ended up buying a Mustang 1750 Tournament with a 90hp Honda 4 stroke on the rear.

Have been very happy with the set up and it was cheaper than the Seafarer equivalent. Try the boys at Mustang on the Gold Coast. Ask for Harland. Worth it mate.

Hope this easies the pain on what should be an exciting easy decision mate.

JR

bustastu
20-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Don't know what size you're looking at but have a look at 'boatpoint'. There is presently 63 new and used ones listed.

BS

ColacGirl
20-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Whats' the inside goss? Why the sellup?

Seafarer sold to boating giant

Georgina Robinson | November 5, 2007 - 10:41AM

A 50-year-old family boating tradition has come to an end with the sale of Gold Coast business Seafarer to Brisbane-based boating giant The Haines Group.
Announced last week, the sale will widen the reach of one of Australia's largest fibrelass boat manufacturers in a tough market awash with overseas imports.
The Haines Group will continue Seafarer's popular fishing lines and take on proprietor Lindsay Fry as a consultant.
Mr Fry, who took over the reins of the family company after his father Doug's death in 1969, was hunting for a buyer after selling the company's Mermaid Beach workshop.
"I started looking around for another commercial property but the market had just gone over the top so I decided I'd sell the business," Mr Fry said.
"I didn't want to sell it to anyone, I wanted to find a good home for it and needed to sell it to someone in the industry who has the reputation and resources to keep the brand alive."
Enter The Haines Group, another family owned and run business dating back more than 40 years.
Managing director Greg Haines said the merger would enure boaties had continued access to a broad range of quality Australian designed and manufactured fibreglass boats.
"Seafarer is a well-recognised Australian company, recognised for its highly successful range of family and offshore sports boats and its remarkable depth of experience in producing a variety of fibrelass hulls," Mr Haines said.
Under the negotiated management agreement, Seafarer's 16 model range - including the 5m V Sea, 6m Victory and 6.8m Voyager - will stay in production.
They will be manufactured alongside The Haines Group's Signature, Traveler and Nautique lines at the company's Wacol site.
Mr Fry said he was pleased the company, with sales of about 200 boats a year, was staying in Australian hands.
"John Haines (snr) is probably the biggest, and has been for a while, trailer boat manufacturer in the country, I've known him for years, as well as his sons," he said.

jman2016
20-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Seafarer sold to boating giant

Georgina Robinson | November 5, 2007 - 10:41AM

A 50-year-old family boating tradition has come to an end with the sale of Gold Coast business Seafarer to Brisbane-based boating giant The Haines Group.
Announced last week, the sale will widen the reach of one of Australia's largest fibrelass boat manufacturers in a tough market awash with overseas imports.
The Haines Group will continue Seafarer's popular fishing lines and take on proprietor Lindsay Fry as a consultant.
Mr Fry, who took over the reins of the family company after his father Doug's death in 1969, was hunting for a buyer after selling the company's Mermaid Beach workshop.
"I started looking around for another commercial property but the market had just gone over the top so I decided I'd sell the business," Mr Fry said.
"I didn't want to sell it to anyone, I wanted to find a good home for it and needed to sell it to someone in the industry who has the reputation and resources to keep the brand alive."
Enter The Haines Group, another family owned and run business dating back more than 40 years.
Managing director Greg Haines said the merger would enure boaties had continued access to a broad range of quality Australian designed and manufactured fibreglass boats.
"Seafarer is a well-recognised Australian company, recognised for its highly successful range of family and offshore sports boats and its remarkable depth of experience in producing a variety of fibrelass hulls," Mr Haines said.
Under the negotiated management agreement, Seafarer's 16 model range - including the 5m V Sea, 6m Victory and 6.8m Voyager - will stay in production.
They will be manufactured alongside The Haines Group's Signature, Traveler and Nautique lines at the company's Wacol site.
Mr Fry said he was pleased the company, with sales of about 200 boats a year, was staying in Australian hands.
"John Haines (snr) is probably the biggest, and has been for a while, trailer boat manufacturer in the country, I've known him for years, as well as his sons," he said.

IMO - No matter what the circumstances - an acquisition/merger is never a good thing

PinHead
20-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I've heard theres a waiting list for an interview to see if they will in fact actually sell you one.

Its always been a pretty exclusive set up and not all can join the club!

Chimo

LOL....yeah right Mr Exclusive...LOL