PDA

View Full Version : Galeforce boats

ON-THE-CHEW
20-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I am looking at ordering a 5.5 metre Galeforce boat, I have been down and seen Tony about all of the options that can be included. I have decided on a 90HP Etec with a 70lb 24 volt electric motor on the front.

I am just after any one that has been in one or owns one to give their opinion or suggestions on inclusions etc they have got or wish they have got.

Also if you think the 90hp Etec will be sufficient (recomended by Tony). I know they are a very good bay boat, but how are they for stability when not moving and how do they handle outside trips/bar crossings in different conditions.

Tony has been very helpfull and so far I have only heard good things about the boats just after as much inside information as possible.

Andrew

JT
20-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Andrew - PM Cloud 9, he is on his second Galeforce a 5.5m Centre Console. Just don't go with the same colour scheme he did - LOL . Have a look here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=104652&highlight=Galeforce

Cheers

John

flyfisho
20-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey Andrew
I own a 5.5 and cannot say enough good things about it , I regularly fish impoundments in as Little as 1/5 a meter of water , and I also go outside and chase LT's out from Mooloolabah . I know an allrounder boat is a myth but this as good an allrounder as you can get.
I have a 100 HP Four stroke Yammie on mine , I get 34 knts at 5700 , I have an 80 minn kota which handles it well . I would recommend your live well in the front cast deck , ask Tony about the stormtrooper , and tell Jam jars are better.
Also as far as approachability and service you couldn't get better than Tony and Gail and the rest of the blokes in the shed , they really know there stuff and are very keen to listen
one more thing I know they don't like rod tubes in the gunnels but I can have six rigged fly rods in mine , I would seriously recommend tubes in the rod holder .