PDA

View Full Version : Boat detailing

larfin
20-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Got my boat detailed by ausfish member blackened today and I must say I was very happy with the result.Always good to deal with a fellow ausfisher Dave
cheers:) ;)
Greg

Vitamin Sea
20-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Dave also did a top job on the 19C and is a decent bloke to boot

Boat looks the goods

Cheers

mik01
20-11-2007, 07:15 PM
mate - I'm interested to get Dave in to do the once over on mine.

can I ask what he did to your boat?

cheers,

Mick

FrankFWM
22-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Dave recently detailed my boat.

He did a great job!

I have before photo's but have not got after photo's yet as I have not been able to get down to the boat with a camera yet - I will do this on the week end and post them up!

He managed to bring the colour right out again on the top deck and the sides which are white - they were almost like a mirror and nice and shiny!

He also removed the rego number's which were painted on to the fibreglass originaly so that I could replace them with new vinyl ones...

I am extremely happy and it was very good value...

Thanks Dave!

Frank

PinHead
23-11-2007, 12:55 PM
I also give Dave credit for a job well done..he gave my boat a polish prior to its road trip..well done Dave

Blackened
23-11-2007, 05:55 PM
G'day

Thankyou for the feedback greg and greg.

Pinhead, I think the new owner will be calling you asking where his boat is... I think it came up better than factory.

Dave

Blackened
23-11-2007, 05:56 PM
G'day

Thanks to you as well frank, time to get it wet don't you think?

Dave

Dean1
23-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Dave my KC is still gleaming ;D Im very happy with the job you did on her, keep up the good work, ill try to get ya out on the reef in december. Cheers Deano.

Blackened
23-11-2007, 07:27 PM
ill try to get ya out on the reef in december. Cheers Deano.

G'day

Watch out mate 'coz I'll hold you to that ;)

Dave

U4REEL
23-11-2007, 07:49 PM
wish you were in perth!
i just bought a custom canvas boat cover so im gonna get stuck into detailing the boat now.

PinHead
23-11-2007, 07:54 PM
G'day

Thankyou for the feedback greg and greg.

Pinhead, I think the new owner will be calling you asking where his boat is... I think it came up better than factory.

Dave

LOL..but you have to remember Dave, that American boats are not made as good as Aussie boats...just ask anyone who has never owned one..between the comments from yourself and Rod..sure looks a bit different to the perception.

Blackened
23-11-2007, 11:36 PM
G'day

Actually greg, spent 5 hours hand waxing a new 222 Grady White powered by a 250 yamaha 4 banger on thursday afternoon.

Have to agree with you, the quality and ideas the yanks have is simply astounding. Only one that is the exception is the bayliners, moreso the older ones though.

The side coamings have a strong mesh stiched on the underside of them, so they can air out and never rot.... and the deck lights have a proper waterproof joining clip... much the same as you'd find in the auto wiring looms.

Simply a better built boat with better ideas...... but then again.... what would I know ?

Johntsang, do a search of a thread I created earlier in the year, called detailing, how too. should give you a few tips.

Dave