PDA

View Full Version : Stessl 530 truck any thoght's.

Gozz
20-11-2007, 04:35 PM
How's it guys.
I have owned a 530 stessl truck for a few years now with out doing much to it.
I bought a brand new hull and trailer and some parts to go with it eg;fuel tank , seats etc.
The hull has never been in water.
This is my question should I start building the project ,is the hull a good hull to build or should I sell it and buy something else.
I'd like to know if anyone has one and what they think,I've been told they are not to stable but have a fairly good dry ride in the chop.
Any help would be awesome.
PS;does any one know how much weight(out board) I can put on the back.
Max rated to 90hp but not sure if that includes 4str.extra weight.
Thank you.

FNQCairns
20-11-2007, 05:24 PM
How's it guys.
I have owned a 530 stessl truck for a few years now with out doing much to it.
I bought a brand new hull and trailer and some parts to go with it eg;fuel tank , seats etc.
The hull has never been in water.
This is my question should I start building the project ,is the hull a good hull to build or should I sell it and buy something else.
I'd like to know if anyone has one and what they think,I've been told they are not to stable but have a fairly good dry ride in the chop.
Any help would be awesome.
PS;does any one know how much weight(out board) I can put on the back.
Max rated to 90hp but not sure if that includes 4str.extra weight.
Thank you.

What do you want from the boat? it will never be a glass boat or even have the weight to ride like the typical plate boat, but it will go everywhere any equivalent sized boat will.
If you go 90hp 4cyl 2st you will see near 70kph at wot and a 50kph cruise speed, 4 stroke near the same, soory dunno about the rating.

cheers fnq

Gozz
20-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for that mate.
I want it for mainly sp work and also bait fishing,the main thing I need it to be is fairly stable as I fish 3 up with my mate's.
Both my mates have barcrushers for the rough stuff and I take my boat when it's not as rough.
Thanks again.

Steve B
21-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Goz,

I have the 5m frenzy (which is the EXACT hull as 5m truck just decked out with fancy stuff), yours is the next bigger model. I have a 90hp optimax on it. So yours will handle a 90hp easy, As FNQ said, you should get some good pace out of it too!

I reckon they are extremely stable boats. you and a couple of mates, no problems. I fish 3 blokes chucking lures without dramas, and have had all three blokes leaning over the side at the same time without any problems. You get a bit wet in the chop, as you do in 99% of open boats. Tough built.

I had the 435 version prior to this boat, I only upgraded th size. Thats how much I liked it.

cheers steve

vermin
21-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I hired one in Weipa and found it was a very wet boat. Other then that very stable.

Gozz
21-11-2007, 10:53 PM
I hired one in Weipa and found it was a very wet boat. Other then that very stable.

Was that a 530 stessl truck Vermin.