PDA

View Full Version : price of oil

Noelm
20-11-2007, 01:15 PM
With all the recent carrying on about the price of XD50 and XD100 Oil for Etecs, and "proper" Marine 4 stroke oil, I got to thinking (I know most will find that hard to believe) I went to my local Garage to get some Petrol for the Whipper Snipper, needed to buy some oil, it cost me $5.50 for 200ml now that works out to be $27.50 a litre!!!! and people are whinging about $15-00 a Litre for XD100! what a rip off that was, from now on I might just use the "cheap" TCW3 that is a mere $8 a litre, Outboard Oil should be cheap, it is synthetic, nothing to do with World prices or anything else! aahh that feels better, I have not had a whinge all week and was starting to get all twitchy!

FNQCairns
20-11-2007, 01:36 PM
With all the recent carrying on about the price of XD50 and XD100 Oil for Etecs, and "proper" Marine 4 stroke oil, I got to thinking (I know most will find that hard to believe) I went to my local Garage to get some Petrol for the Whipper Snipper, needed to buy some oil, it cost me $5.50 for 200ml now that works out to be $27.50 a litre!!!! and people are whinging about $15-00 a Litre for XD100! what a rip off that was, from now on I might just use the "cheap" TCW3 that is a mere $8 a litre, Outboard Oil should be cheap, it is synthetic, nothing to do with World prices or anything else! aahh that feels better, I have not had a whinge all week and was starting to get all twitchy!

Hi Mate you made it to tuesday lunchtime:).

All I can say is lucky your whipper snipper doesn't use 100L of oiled fuel to do your lawn!
As you may know any of the aircooled motor bike 2 stroke oils from the major oil companys will look after your whipper very well.

cheers fnq

Noelm
20-11-2007, 01:41 PM
thats true, the amount of fuel it uses is tiny, but it is still a ripoff, I tried to buy a litre Bottle, but they do not sell it, might have to look around for some other supply outlet, when the 5 litres of Petrol runs out, probably about Feb next year!

gar26lw
20-11-2007, 02:17 PM
thinn im paying $40 per 2 litre lot of yam 2stroke oil. perhaps buy bigger to save?

if you live round brissie I have 1.5 - 2 litres of shell 2stroke oil I dont want, you can have it for free.

Marlin_Mike
20-11-2007, 03:18 PM
23 bucks 4 litres valvoline 2 stroke for my Mariner.

Does me, and the Marienr seems to like it

Mike

timddo
20-11-2007, 03:27 PM
hmmm, i just use oil on my whipper snipper. $8 for 4 litres, Been doing it for the past 10 years or so.