PDA

View Full Version : Which Open boat/tinny to buy

Rod_Bender
19-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Help needed.

Guy's, i'm looking at purchasing a heavily made open bare tinny. So far i've looked at the Tabs open boat, Stessel "truck" and a bluefin version all around the 5-5.5 metre range. My desire is to spend an additional 5K on designing the inside with custom alloy welding. ie. live bait wells, front storage, fuel tanks, checker plate floor etc. I wish to have a centre console position at the very rear of the boat with approx 80 horses pushing it along. Looking at doing more offshore adventures out of Townsville when the weather permits!!!!

Has anyone purchased a open tinny plate boat in recent times? Can anyone provide helpful hints in assisting me purchase the best design on the current market.

Thanks for anyone's opinion.

Luc
19-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Have a look at this one :o

Snapped during the weekend at the ANSA AGM ;D

I'm sure Mako Craft will built you one :P

Luc

Ryan.S
19-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Holy sheep sh#t, that is a nice lookn rig! Wonder what sort of $

thelump
20-11-2007, 12:52 PM
maybe have a look at JAPOLA boats in Yamba NSW. They make a nice open tinny.:D

Rod_Bender
20-11-2007, 09:05 PM
mate is that spelt right??? i typed it into google but nothing came up?

Timmy94
20-11-2007, 09:21 PM
JOPALO it is

finga
21-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Have a look at this one :o

Snapped during the weekend at the ANSA AGM ;D

I'm sure Mako Craft will built you one :P

Luc
What stops the tackle box, tucker bag and thermos or me rolling out the back??

crazboutfishin
21-11-2007, 07:14 AM
Rod_Bender,
Take a look at the Fisher Boats on Bribie Island. Col will build you anything you want. There site is www.fisherboats.com.au (http://www.fisherboats.com.au)

Cheers
Crazy

trev1
21-11-2007, 04:30 PM
6.0 quinny fishseeker ? I'm looking at one for similar use. Only downside is thwart seats and the fact that the seats is where your floatation is. You could certainly build around them and it could work out cheaper than a custom boat from the start.
Just an idea.

Luc
21-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi Finga,

The transom & top of the pods are slightly above the floor. The holes in the pods are the outlets of the scuppers so that'll give you an idea of the height.

The onwer is a shark fisherman and got the boat specially built.

Spoke to MakoCraft today and they confirmed it's a 7m one off based on their truck range. They're going to get back to be with the $$ figure tommorow.

I like the transom/pod design but if I was going to have one built I'd go for a more enclosed stern.

Luc

finga
21-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi Finga,

The transom & top of the pods are slightly above the floor. The holes in the pods are the outlets of the scuppers so that'll give you an idea of the height.

Luc
Thanks for that mate.
There would be nothing worse then watching the Stanley flask roll out the back as your going over a bar :'(

bugman
21-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Rod Bender,

Just bought myself a 5m open Brooker Discovery. 3mm sides and bottom. I got a great deal from Marine Tune on the Gold Coast.

I know if you talk to the factory then they'll make a massive range of changes to the basic hull - depending on what you want.

I went full floor with casting deck and a few other extras.

Value for money - they're hard to beat.

Brett

steve harney
19-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Didn't the Boat builder down Yamba go bust!! lots of people were giving them money until the the day they closed up a few upset people. Check that out I
Steve

wiz
19-09-2010, 10:39 AM
What stops the tackle box, tucker bag and thermos or me rolling out the back??

Nothing, it is what is termed a "self clearing deck";D;D;D

Alchemy
19-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Give Richard or Col a call at Origin Boats (0732840778). They can build you a boat from the ground up, or do the fit out you've described. Attached is a pic of a little tiller steer open boat they built recently.

http://www.originboats.com.au/

Regards,
Dave.

DOGFIGHT
19-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Very old thread, Didnt he get a Bluewater alloy boat built :-?

Alchemy
19-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Bugger.... didn't look at the date.... the BW boats look like good boats too, so if he got one of those he should be happy!

aquatic
10-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Didn't the Boat builder down Yamba go bust!! lots of people were giving them money until the the day they closed up a few upset people. Check that out I
Steve

Yep they went bust took my deposit and didn't even start construction, apparently builder is still building them though.......

White Pointer
11-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Yep they went bust took my deposit and didn't even start construction, apparently builder is still building them though.......

G'day,

This is an old thread that has come back to life and has the potential to cause confusion.

1. There is more than one boat builder in Yamba so we should be specific about the trading name(s) of businesses or the names of people that/who have not done the right thing.

2. Col Svensson is at ORIGIN BOATS and has been since the Company started in 2009. He has no association with any other boat manufacturer.

3. I think it would be wise if old threads were locked (not deleted) after they haven't had a post for a while (say, 3-months). This because the industry, the economy, the political environment, etc, changes so rapidly that good advice can become redundant and inaccurate fairly quickly. This is one for the Moderators, but Members views should be considered.

4. The original thread asked a tough tinny. The really tough tinnie is ORIGIN BOATS 4x4 series. Visit www.originboats.com.au (http://www.originboats.com.au) for more information.

You should know that I have a vested interest in ORIGIN BOATS, so I'm very biased.

Regards,

White Pointer

aquatic
12-11-2010, 12:57 PM
The ORIGIN Boats look good