PDA

View Full Version : Bay reef alternatives

Mr P
18-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Hey Guys,

I havn't heard much on Bay rezoning of late, but I would like to put this question foward.
Have the relevent authorites considered actually building some more artificial reefs? This would compensate the general public who actually use the bay on a regular basis. Or is this controlled by the Green factor to!
I'm not talking about dump car bodies or other enviromentally unfriendly items. Just with all of the construction going on in Brisbane, you can see piles off broken concrete pipes and the like going into land fill or we could weld up some pyramid structure from Rio steel. These could be place in safe clearly maked area of the bay that are currently a desert with no life or in the area that currently maked as spole grounds.
Life can be brought back or dramaticly increased into this areas in few short years. Look at the success of area like new port rock wall, the artificial reef off Elloit Heads near Bund'y, wreck of the Brisbane of the Sunny coast even though it's a no fishing zone the life it has brought back/improved to these area in a very short time.

Surely if enviromantally safe structure are used we can PLAN the future of the Bay not just lock it up without any alternative thinking?

Cheers.

Jeremy
19-11-2007, 07:12 AM
There has been a lengthy discussion on this topic recently. I think it is called "Moreton Bay greenzone alternative" and is loicated in the 'News' section.

Jeremy