PDA

View Full Version : Understanding sounder jargon.

polky
18-11-2007, 03:26 AM
Can someone please explain to me how to read and set up a coloured sounder. I have a garmin340c and have no idear what iam looking at. Still fishing depths. I carn,t seem to get my head around most of the jargon such as grey/white line,resoulotions,sensetivity and bottomlock or zomm x2 or 4. Maybe there is a manual for slow people such as me.

bluefin59
18-11-2007, 06:07 AM
There is a book by a Ron Calcutt on sounder and G.P.S use it mostly talks about lowrance sounders but it talks about understanding the info on screen its a few years old but a good read and the info relates to all sounders its a must have for your fishing library you should be able to get it at a decent book store .I know there is a boating books and charts store in albert street the city if you are in brissy oppisite festival towers that has it . Also there are a couple of lowrance and eagle D.V.D s around on how to use them again a lot of the info relates to all sounders .......matt

seamonkey
18-11-2007, 07:07 AM
polky

There's a book called Depth Sound Secrets by Rick Huckstepp..$15 from the big k mart. It tells all with great pictures.

Cheers
SM

polky
18-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys Iam of to buy these books.

Wahoo
18-11-2007, 03:27 PM
polky

There's a book called Depth Sound Secrets by Rick Huckstepp..$15 from the big k mart. It tells all with great pictures.

Cheers
SM

i have this book and i can say its great, easy to follow

Daz

kingtin
18-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the Electronics page. Plenty of reading there and some damn fine pics to go with it.

kev

polky
18-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks Wahoo, will be heading into town monday to purchase this book. You are correct kingtin, spent 3hrs today reading and jotting down bits of the thread that I found will teach me. This is the best topic I have read on ausfish and the input from members was brilliant.

polky
19-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Problem solved fellas. Went to town , came home with a dvd called Understand Your Depth Sounder. Spent all afternoon watching dvd x 4 times.