PDA

View Full Version : 1770 18th - 23rd Nov

Captain Seaweed
17-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Hello Fellas,
I am heading to 1770 for a week of fishing this Sunday and I just hope this cyclone dosnt venture too far south! I havent fished 1770 before but have camped there before. I am towing my boat up and look at heading offshore. Can anyone offer any information about where the reefs are up there as i have searched the forums but most information is sent to peoples PM boxes.
If weather is crappy I will look at fishing inside so any information what so ever will be appreciated. Also is there a coast guard to log on off to? Any info about the bar appreciated too. Thank you in advance

Marty

Oog.
17-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Hello Fellas,
I am heading to 1770 for a week of fishing this Sunday and I just hope this cyclone dosnt venture too far south! I havent fished 1770 before but have camped there before. I am towing my boat up and look at heading offshore. Can anyone offer any information about where the reefs are up there as i have searched the forums but most information is sent to peoples PM boxes.
If weather is crappy I will look at fishing inside so any information what so ever will be appreciated. Also is there a coast guard to log on off to? Any info about the bar appreciated too. Thank you in advance

Marty
Gidday Marty'
If you have a chartplotter or even just a paper chart, you will be able to find the shallow offshore reefs easily enough.

Tony at Agnes/1770 bait & tackle can help you out

A couple of general marks are
Warrigoes S24-07-180 E152-22-360
Banana gutter S24-07-240 E152-09-420
Inner Wides S23-50-800 E151-58-500
Outer Wides S23-49-940 E152-00-497

If the weather is ordinary you can sneak up to Bustard head and try around middle & outer rocks (easy to find on the free green zone chart - Gladstone)

Up here log on to VMR Round Hill on VHF 81

The bar is usually allright and VMR will give you info on it if need be

hope this helps
Ross

Oog.
17-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Oh another thing, if you have not got the green zone maps, go to your tackle store and get the Gladstone map as there is a lot of green at the outer reefs and if you go to the Warrigoes you will be right on the edge of the zone

Captain Seaweed
17-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the information Ross. I am really looking forward to getting there let you know how we go.
Cheers
Marty

reelchippy
24-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the information Ross. I am really looking forward to getting there let you know how we go.
Cheers
Marty

Captain how did you go i am up there for 6/1-13/1.cheers