PDA

View Full Version : North Straddie

bulli
16-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Boys (and girls).....a quick question. Are there any camping spots on north straddie, preferably on the western side where a tinnie can be safely anchored overnight.? (and preferably not the sites where they pack em in like sardines...) Am thinking about heading over there for new years fishing the southern bay and pin areas), haven't frequented that area much and need some advice from people that have...(have tried searches but havent got the info i need)
cheers

theclick
16-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes there are camping spots, at dunwich, point lookout and that other one half way between which i cant remember the name for :S.

That other one has sheltered water where tinnies can be parked easy. But if you are afraid of sharks, it is where that girl died to 3 bullies 2 years ago.

plaztix
16-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey mate, sounds like you wanna be at south straddie not north. The northern end of south straddie is right at the pin and there is a million places to camp.

We usually camp just north of the bedrooms and just anchor the boat out front of where we camp. You can walk 5 minutes east and your on the surf beach. Top spot to stay and it doesn't get too busy. Cant remember what its called but the rangers come around on quads and it does cost $18 a tent per night.

You can also camp on crusoe island (i think its crusoe) which is just across from Kalinga bank. Very open and not much shade there though.

If you do want to camp on the western side of North Straddie, than amity point is probably the pick, but it does get busy over christmas new year and its not as easy to leave your boat in the water, but its a great place to fish from, especially that time of year. You can see the schools of mackeral chopping up the surface from the campsite. Just dont go swimming at night. Although we used to when we had a caravan there years ago.

Which ever end of straddie you go, you will have a ball. ;)

Enjoy

bulli
16-11-2007, 06:09 PM
thanks boys sounds like sth straddie might be the go