PDA

View Full Version : Boat club at Cleveland Bris?? Contact

fender22
16-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi, someone was telling me yesterday of a boating club at Cleveland that have their own ramp, pontoon etc. I assume it must be at the air sea rescue Raby bay? Does anyone have contact details please.

mik01
16-11-2007, 10:23 AM
is that the boat ramp and pontoon next to the VMR? there is a private access ramp to the pontoon - this may be the one

I would be interested to know who can access this also.

Greg P
16-11-2007, 02:23 PM
http://www.redlandsboatclub.org.au/

You need to wait for someone to die :-X:P;D;D;D;D

fender22
16-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah, found the website but looks like their membership books are closed. Now I think about it I think I had a lot of trouble contacting them last time.

Thanks guys

ozscott
16-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I am a member. Just go down on a Friday night after about 6.30 and have a chat to the commodore or others...get the mem form and get them to sign you up and then wait about 6 months or so and membership should come up. Its not cheap but its an unbeatable ramp and wash down/secure parking facility.

And the Fri night meals are not bad either. Good bunch.

Cheers

Argle
17-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Another option would be the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club at Manly. Not that far from Cleveland and they have an excellent ramp 2 pontoons wash down etc etc, as well as the clubhouse facilities including the new deck. Secure parking and night lighting and you get access to southern haven on South Straddie, no membership waiting period just got to pay your money and sign up. Nothing like coming back from a mornings fishing to pull the boat out and park it, wander upstairs for a couple of beers and lunch on the deck before heading home. Check out mbtbc.com.au for details.

Cheers and beers
Scott

mik01
18-11-2007, 09:19 AM
shame about the waitlist at Cleveland - would suit me down to the ground. Manly is just that bit too far away and more expensive, but may be a good option rather than wait for cleveland.

when you say 6mths waiting, is this just a generic timeframe? could be much longer? how long is the waitlist?

whichway
18-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi

Can you actually wash the entire boat down at Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club or the Redlands one.

Whichway.

marco
18-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi

Can you actually wash the entire boat down at Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club or the Redlands one.

Whichway.

at manly they say only to flush the engine and hose brakes .

NickCurrey
25-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi Guys,

I am editor at Redlands Boat club. Current "membership" is capped at 400 and full. However, come down on a Friday evening and get a form and can get our monthly bulletin. Usually have about 25-40 spots each June come available for Full members, so can use the ramp, secure yard, pontoon etc and enjoy the fishing and social events. Is a social membership available for about $10/yr.

With Qld water restrictions, currently can only wash down trailer brakes and flush motor.

Nick Currey