PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to De-Carb my 1989 Johno

Splash
15-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Best Way to De-Carb my 1989 Johno 2 stroke??

?

BM
15-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Splash, when you had the heads off what did the piston crowns look like??? You may not need to decarb.

But if you do, follow the directions on the can. Even pull the plugs out and dump some into the cylinders after you flood the engien with it.

Let it sit overnight and then take her out for a good long hard run.

And thats it....

Cheers

Splash
15-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi BM.

The top of piston (crown I think) - were black on all 4. I should have doen smeothing when heads were off hey?

Do I need to run donk to put thi sstuff in?

Splash

BM
15-11-2007, 08:22 PM
YES. thats why I said follow the directions on the can.

Typically you squirt it in through the carbs a bit at a time with the engine running at around 1500rpm and then you flood the engine with it till it stalls, then let it sit.

This is where you can then squirt it directly in through the sparkplug holes and let it sit overnight trimmed up.

When you restart you will blow clouds of smoke and make an almighty black mess on the ground so do it at the boatramp.

Cheers

finga
15-11-2007, 08:50 PM
YES. thats why I said follow the directions on the can.

Typically you squirt it in through the carbs a bit at a time with the engine running at around 1500rpm and then you flood the engine with it till it stalls, then let it sit.

This is where you can then squirt it directly in through the sparkplug holes and let it sit overnight trimmed up.

When you restart you will blow clouds of smoke and make an almighty black mess on the ground so do it at the boatramp.

Cheers
So it's a good idea not to start the motor in the back yard whilst the cook has got the sheets and my white y-fronts on the line. ::)

Splash
15-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Many thanks!

Will do that tomorrow!

SPlash