PDA

View Full Version : LAZY "J's"

rob tranter
14-11-2007, 10:44 PM
HI Guy's

Come on Deiter, Chicksloveit, Mr Bean & Junior Bean, Murf, My Topender, whats been happening?

Damo,
Hows the Mary K? have you got her all welded up?

Stu,
Any closer to the new boat?

Darren & Al
What's happening with BAD EYE, have you been out and into them?

Murf,
Come on mate your only down the hill, whats going on?

And Rob,
How's the Oil Levels in the Surf? Have you worked out how to check your levels with out getting covered in sh!t

Come on guy's you've all been very quiet since we returned from Agnes, so what you been up to?

Cheers
Rob T8-)

Tangles
14-11-2007, 11:46 PM
My excuse, im getting hitched on Sat, over to the boys;D

ps Rob, if bec and I get down your way we will give you and Murf a yell

cheers
Mike

Mr__Bean
15-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Haven't wet the boat since, how sad.....:-[

Good news is that we are looking to head back to 1770 for about 10 days in the January school holidays, I am hooked.

Damo, have been putting in a lot of thought about the difference in catch rate between 2 boats on the same drift pattern using same bait and rigs etc and I reckon you hit it on the head. Different drift speed, you guys covered heaps more ground than we did using the big sea anchor. With varying catch rates amongst the PBA guys I would be interested if there more successful boats had higher drift speeds.

Snappa, you have views on this from the PBA results????

Have since filled the fuel tank up after the trip out to Lady Musgrave, we used 217 litres out of the 300 litre tank so whilst showing empty on the guage there was another 80 odd litres in the tank, phew.... I will be buying some of those plastic jerry cans before the next trip out there though for piece of mind.

So that is me Rob, not much to report since then but hoping to get out a bit more now that work has settled down a bit.

Also, I was thinking that we should try to book the house behind Lazy J's as well next year. The more we have in a central group the better I reckon.

- Darren

Lucky_Phill
15-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Rob, Darren, Mike

first of all Rob.....:P Paul ( thedeckie ) is still worried about the rumour concerning a certain photograph....me thinks that pics does not exist.. ???:-/

Darren,

don't worry, I'll be giving you a ' short notice ' call when the weather plays the game and we'll be hitting the sunny coast. Using only 217 ltrs, you say.... do you have any idea on k's covered for that consumption ?

Mike..

not long now.... well in fact about 57 hours.... but who's counting. ;D

see you there.....

Phill

rob tranter
15-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Mike,

Congratulation's

I'm in my 29th year and what a battle, may have been cheaper and shorter to hit her on the Head with a hammer;D

Only joking she's great, has to put up with me.

Best wishes to you and Your Bride.

Darren,

Neither have I, but I have replaced my little Esky that some one filled with fish bodies, and left sitting for thre days or so.::)

Phooooo

And I've lowered my transducer more as Damo & Murf said it was to high
Now I need to get the boat into the water to test there theory and fill the new esky.

Going back? You Bastard>:( , can I come too:D ?

I've been looking at bigger boats so that I can do the trip out, but purse strings has said we can't afford it, I hate it when she's right.

Good idea about the house, while your up there in January, you may be able to get it's name so we can look into it.

Phil,

I e-mailed the photo of concern to you the other day,( I think):-/ so tell Paul, it's all in his Ear
How are the battle scars going from your off road walking adventure, ;D hope they have all healed.
Rob T8-)

MY-TopEnder
15-11-2007, 07:54 AM
G'Day Rob....

I've got the Surf pretty well all sorted... it ran like a dream all the way home. Still haven't bothered replacing the tappet cover gasket though. Seems to be ok for now.

Other than that i offloaded the Agnes specific gear that i wouldn't have used again and spent that money on some more bream tournament gear instead.

I'm planning on heading up there some time in January as well but this time up towards Middle Creek to camp and try and tackle some jacks or something up the creek.

Other than that i've been pretty quite....

Mr__Bean
15-11-2007, 07:10 PM
[quote=Lucky_Phill;713585]

Using only 217 ltrs, you say.... do you have any idea on k's covered for that consumption ?

/quote]

I reckon it would be around 190 Kilometers, Damo had a figure off his GPS but you have to subtract your drifts from it.

Working on about 65 to the back of Musgrave, then going out about another 15 to the deep and back, over to the line of the lower Marine Park boundary and then back to the shoals, into the lagoon, out to the southern front of the island for some drifts and then the trip back I reckon 190 would be pretty close.

WHislt it turns out that I still had about 80 litres left in the tank I am not sure how much of that the fuel line is able to pick up, probably 50 more usable litres maybe??

Anyway, I was just glad to get back in with the guage showing dead empty, I have never run it that low on fuel before.

Running her at wide open throttle so that we could film Damo and Ian getting some serious air time wouldn't have helped::) ::)

- Darren

murf
13-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Gday Gday

Yeh Rob been quiet of late on the fishing front, only been out a couple of times

dropped in to your place the other day and dropped of a couple of CDs of agnes and Fraser but no one home (presume you are holidays again;D )

been playing 4Wd with the Woolgoolgaoffroadgroup, http://woolgoolgaoffroadgroup.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=668
we did a brave boys weekend and it was a hoot, bloody Nissan Pootrols were the main stay for the w/e but we managed to roll a Bundy and a Hilux which I caught on video;D

Mr Bean that is amazing how much fuel you had left, I really was waiting for it to start coughing:o :) worked out really good.

I was going to try and get Robs pics and send up as well as mine but the bludger is away again so I will just send what I have ( PM your address Darren and I will post it, if you also want a copy My-Topender likewise)

Hey Damo your Red with me holding it is still on my screen saver ;D

what do chicks love?::)

good to hear you tied the knot (which knot did you use?:P :-X ) Mike, any time you are down this way give us a yell;)

My-Topender you will have to come down for 4WD weekend, check out our local group for trips

Merry Xmas to all

cheers Murf

rob tranter
15-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Good on you Murf, it's only taken you a Month to reply to this;D

At least you have, Deiter & Chicksloveit are still on the slow side, bloody Queenslander's;D

Damo's passing through this way some time late December, said he might call in, I better make sure he's got the Exploder or he won't make it up my road, even with that it could be touch and go;D

Thanks for the CD/DVD there great, hope you didn't have to lock the hub's in on the ToyMotor to get up my road:D

Well I've had the boat in finally, and Damo the Sounder didn't like being lowered as I couldn't get any bottom, I've since raised the Transducer half way back to original Position and it works well, doesn't go haywire until about 4thousand rev's, and thats a fair improvement.

On the fish side, I landed half a dozen kingy's, one just leagal so they all went back, a small wrasse returned also, and dropped a nice Squire at the boat, so with that home I went.:(

Took a couple of my Brothers down to Yamba last Monday and the Clarence Fished as it alway's does for me, NOTHING except a little butter fish, one Brother landed a Ray,a shovel nosed shark,a just legal Flathead (returned) and a small bream also returned. If any of you get down to Yamba, lobb up to the Yamba Shores Tavern, and have a look under the Deck, some amasing Bream that you aren't allowed to fish for:'(

Anyway by for now

Rob T8-)

roz
15-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Just while you chappies are re bonding with each other.

I've made enquiries with Madonna about next year, and I can have a couple of houses neighbouring the Lazy J set aside for M&G '08...still a long way off, and it's just an idea at this stage.

roz.

rob tranter
15-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi Roz

Yeh the extra houses is a good idea, Darren is going to have a look at getting the one behind Lazy J's as well, when he is up there in January.

Are there any proposed dates at this stage, or do we have to waite for DPI to announce closure dates?

Not sure I want to ask, as I seen your weather update after we left Agnes, but Howed you go after we left.

Anyway talk soon

Rob T

Lucky_Phill
16-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Dates for the M & G will be posted soon. stay tuned.

Phill

MY-TopEnder
16-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Can't wait.... that would be one of the best, most relaxing weeks away i have had in a while.