PDA

View Full Version : buying first boat

alexl
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I am looking to buy the first boat soon and after a few months of research / idle speculation i think i have settled on the stacer 489 easyrider but would value any thoughts on how it will match up to my needs.
usage will be 60/40 fishing / cruising and i have friends that fancy some light skiing / rubber ring fun.
As i am just starting out i will be confined to the bay for a while but hope that it will do a bit of off shore work in good weather in the future.
Sales peolpe have suggested a 75hp merc as the power and i am leaning towards the 4 stroke as a cleaner quieter option (knowing it may lose a bit at the top end).
As it is the first one i want something reliable and relatively easy to sell if the bug doesn't bite!

anyone any useful comments on this set up and unbiased views on whether it will take me where i want to go?

thnaks...

reelchippy
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Mate just got my first a 5m tinne with 50hp one thing that is fairly common in the used market is under powered ones so if your budget can handle it go for the biggest HP that the hull is rated for thats my two cents worth cheers