PDA

View Full Version : CD Players

reelchippy
11-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Whats the call marine of car CD players Waterproof speakers are waterproof looking at fitting out first boat.cheers

russ81
12-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Hows it going mate

When i put mine in I got waterproof speakers from supercheap and a cheap kenwood car head unit from the same place and have had no dramas, in syaing that though mine is mounted in a cuddy and the dash doesnt get wet, so i suppose it really depends what type of boat you have and where you want to mount it

mik01
12-11-2007, 07:06 AM
you can buy shrouds/covers for your head unit from bias/whitworths etc, which you mount the head unit in.
it has a sliding front cover to protect it from water.

speakers I guess would have to be waterproof, depends on the layout of your rig (and how full on you want your sound to be).

Noelm
12-11-2007, 10:27 AM
the Supercheap "waterproof" speakers are only very slightly splash proof at best, better off to get some better quality Marine speakers first off, and most CD players will be OK, but they all bugger up after a while, none of them like Salty water and banging for too long, the proper Marine ones are slightly better though! but they cost heaps more, so in the long run, might be better off buying a coule of $50 specials and just toss it away when it stuffs up, get the other one out of the box, hook up wires again and away you go!

Vindicator
12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Depends if you want to keep replacing them or not. My call is to spend the little extra and get the proper marine head unit and marine speakers. Saves time in the end.

Cheers
Kezza

Twisted_Pair
12-11-2007, 04:17 PM
reelchippy,
I recently fitted a Fusion CD/MP3/FM marine radio I purchased from Springwood Marine. Comes in a kit with 2 x 200W speakers for around $325 has a waterproof flap on CD slot. GME antenna & base approx $60. Goes great.;D
T_P.

Steve B
12-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Fitted a cheap $100 clarion non marine CD/stereo with the waterproof flip top cover (BLA stockist can get them $39.00) Been in a few big downpours and no water,dust or salt spray gets in. mounted a couple of Water proof GME speakers $69. under the console for extra protection from the weather. About $200 bucks all up. Mounted it so I can replace the CD player easily if this one dies. Hasnt for 10 months so far.

jigsnreels
12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
don't mean to hijack yr thread but topic is related, anyone put a subwoofer in their boat? If so, what and how?

Dan5
12-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah my mate put one in his 480 top ender which they also use as a wake board boat the ######.Dan.........

OZYJOE
14-11-2007, 06:35 PM
How you going, fitted a marine GME cd player and speakers about 2 years ago, still going strong, not the greatest sound out of them but good enough for some tunes while fishing.
By the way i have mounted the speakers in the weather, all i do is give them a light spray when im washing the boat,
regards
Joe

1975fflh
16-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Mate

For speakers I used outdoor speakers from supercheap, work great and I just replaced the GME tape deck radio that came with the boat with a GME radio AM FM VHF SW as I found we dont really listen to the the other stuff much but the radio is handy for weather news etc and the new one is around $110.00 and has speakers in it.

Crooked
17-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Mate,
I went to the car wreckers and picked up a Sony CD player out of a car for $20, works perfectly. I made up a waterproof box and fitted a splashproof cover from Bias. I then got a pair of weather proof speakers from Bris car sound and fitted one. Who knows how long it will last, but I have a spare speaker to replace when the other stops and know where to pick up another cheap stereo.

cheers, Evan