PDA

View Full Version : Rod Storage

darylive
11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Well I'll tell ya. I have a 3.85 Quiny, not too big, not too small :). But rod storage is a bloody nuicance. I have tried a lot of options. Storing them up in the holders is a pain when traversing the sticks as one can in a smaller boat. Lying them down is a problem because they tend to mate with each other and being 3.85 they can be under foot.

I am still trying various methods and despite looking at twentelevn hundren boats over the years have yet to see the ideal set up yet. The short rods don't reach between the thwarts and the longer rods are under foot.

. I have been trying to find a suitable rod locker to mount in the boat but with no luck. :( So I thwart I would ask ;D.

WHAT? :o

Tailortaker
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I've got the same problem with no solution so anyone with one please share.
________
Vapir No2 (http://no2vaporizers.com)

bilby
12-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi,
I have just finished fitting out my boat (Stacer 4.29 Nomad) I fitted those white 3 rod, vertical rod holders to the side pocket and i have the option of fitting another 3 if i want to. I put the rods in there when towing and use a bungee cord to lash them to the pocket so they don't knock together in transit. I find it works well.
Cheers and good luck.
Bilby.

TwoJobBob
12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Ive tried a couple of different options also. The best one so far has been to buy the plastic clips in the sizes to match your rods and screw them onto the ribs. I then use a one of those small strech cords with the big ball on one end and stretch this over the clips to hold the tips in place works pretty well but depends on the size and shape of the hull, type of rods and where you can mount them.
Maybe an option, I havent found anything else Holders etc that work for me

whiteman
13-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I have a 3.1m tinny for inshore which still means using TLDs. I have single plastic rocket launchers attached to the front side of the front seat (1 each side of the boat). This keeps the rods out of the way of getting to the anchor and I can still row when I have to. I have launchers at the rear for trolling but the salt water spray gets on to the reels so don't use for point-to-point travel. I never need more than 2 rods.