PDA

View Full Version : Electronic charts and zoning

Stuie
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Can anyone tell me if any of the electronic card manufacturers (CMap, Navionics, Bluechart etc) have started to show different zones with the actual colour of the zone on the chart. Was thinking maybe the new Bluechart G2 might. I find it a real pain fishing on the GBR trying to decipher which zones are which with just a boundary line on the screen. Would be so much easier with a light shading of the zone colour.

bustastu
12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
We were up there in September for a few weeks moored at Hamilton Is and my C Map card just had the boundary lines. That was on a Navman 5505 unit. Had to use a hard copy of the zoning map. Would make it alot easier if the shading was blue, green, pink etc...

What area do you normally concentrate up there ???

BS

dww13
12-11-2007, 03:26 PM
they certainly do make them.

we run simrads with c map cards. we have two units one which was the current model in 02 and one which was the model after in 05/06.

the new cards with the shaded zones aerial photos etc only run on th elatter model. so make sure you check the compatability.

daniel

Stuie
12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
BS,
We fish the southern end of the GBR from Lady Musgrave Island up to Sykes Reef.

Smithy
12-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Stuie,

Andrew Yeh had the Furuno GP7000 running C Map when I was with him at Townsville in his Black Watch. It did what you are saying.

Smithy

Spaniard_King
12-11-2007, 07:06 PM
The new G2 Vision charts have coloured zoning on them as well

Stuie
13-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Spaniard King,
If you are running the G2 Vision charts could you please put up a few shots of the Capricorn/Bunker area showing the coloured zoning.

Thanks
Stuart.