PDA

View Full Version : haines v15 info

gar26lw
11-11-2007, 12:58 PM
hi

does anyone have any info on the v15 boats?

hull weight, max hp and the safe limits of the boat.

where would people here feel comfortable going in such a craft and in what conditions?

thanks

gar

mik01
11-11-2007, 02:05 PM
hi mate,

is your boat plated as a v15?
I don't know everything, but haven't heard of a v15 before.

could it be a v146 perhaps?

Vitamin Sea
11-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi again

As Mik has said, I to am not familiar with the V15 Haines, for memory they had a 13'3, 14'6 then the 16'

Do you have a photo of the boat to help identify?

Cheers

gar26lw
11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
this boat currently on sale on trading post is the same hull as mine. mine has a 90 yam but this one has a 115 with a complete conversion to a center console with pod.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Photos/W110909322802.jpg

i dont have anywhere to upload a pic of mine unless i can do it on here somehow ?

mik01
11-11-2007, 08:05 PM
i think this might be a haines 445?

anyone else know for sure?

mik01
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
mate - you can add pics - just click on the paperclip above.

I rekon you have a 455f, which, if you do, is rare as hens balls and a very popular hull.

check out this thread - http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=3774

perhaps not many can give you specs cos they are fairly rare and no longer in production.

but you could contact the other 445 owners on fishnet for specific info - do a google search or follow my link above.

gar26lw
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
aha, thats why I find nothing anywhere on v15's :)

it really goes well, I'm surprized nobodys bought that rig on TP.

i'll post some pics in a mo

wow! I bought my boat for $4000 and I see some guys wanting 17k for one. Is that right?

mik01
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
aha, thats why I find nothing anywhere on v15's :)

it really goes well, I'm surprized nobodys bought that rig on TP.

i'll post some pics in a mo

wow! I bought my boat for $4000 and I see some guys wanting 17k for one. Is that right?

i guess if you have an original 445f, then by the looks of it at least $10k ++ is the going rate ;D

although from reading that link, there are companies that took the mould and made their own versions, so you would have to verify yours is a Haines original.

I can't find a pic of one anywhere, but you can bet someone on this forum does....

let us know any further info if you find out.

gar26lw
11-11-2007, 11:24 PM
ok here's a comp of various pics.

for some reason the guy who had it before me put huge seats in it.
going to change em soon but they are very comfortable.

im not so sure its a 445r as the hull seems a bit different at the front.
what do you think?

Id really love to find out more info on this boat

mik01
12-11-2007, 07:18 AM
oh ok - I thought you had a CC.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/iteminfo/adnumber_WM2543131810_cat_Power+Boats_kw_445r_loc_ locRZSQregtAVSCdistRZSQAVSCstateRZSQ9AVSCregRZSQ_o ff_0_sect_Marine_show_bnaRZSQFalseAVSCmoaRZSQFalse AVSCcmaRZSQFalseAVSCpsaRZSQFalseAVSCdaRZSQFalseAVS CpaRZSQFalseAVSCvtaRZSQFalse_sort_otRZSQ1BJDZfdRZS QSearchDisplayPriorityIndAVSCotRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQFirs tPublished_sqt_1_stpg_1_subs_Power_

doesn't have the same windscreen (unless yours has been changed).
perhaps you have a similar hull design but not a haines?

sorry - can't really help any further with the identification.

cheers,

Mick

mik01
12-11-2007, 07:21 AM
on reflection - and looking at the pics, you don't have a haines 445.
no idea what you have though!

Rod Fishing
12-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Matbe do a REVS check on the serial number REVS usually has all the info on waht type of boat it is etc.

Crocodile
12-11-2007, 08:18 AM
The boat in the picture is a V163 or a V15, you can pick them by the external chine rail and the rounded vee shape. These were a much older hull design. It is definately not a V146 as they have recessed chines and were much beamier.
As to its performance and capabilities, take it for a spin and decide for yourself.

mik01
12-11-2007, 08:49 AM
the hull is the same as a v163, v16 and a v17, however the interior layout is vastly different.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Boats-marine/Motorboats/photos/a-126280852/p-43694878/k-563682.htm

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBoatID=2716283&TabID=94420&Alias=comomarinaau

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/AdDetails/AdDetails.aspx?ID=0&adnumber=WY2423059308

unless haines changed the design of the interior layout, this isn't an original v163 or v16r.
as other companies bought the mould of the haines hulls, it is very possible that it is the same hull manufactured by a different company.

gar26lw
12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
The boat in the picture is a V163 or a V15, you can pick them by the external chine rail and the rounded vee shape. These were a much older hull design. It is definately not a V146 as they have recessed chines and were much beamier.
As to its performance and capabilities, take it for a spin and decide for yourself.

Hmm, so it is a v15 then? do have any info on the limit of HP for this size?

its a shame there is no page with all the old haines models and pics of them on it some place

thanks

BGG
12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
IMHO it looks like a Haines V15 that was a descendant of the Bertram V15. They were around in the late 60s I think. The best clue I can give is that the hull shape is the same as the Bertram V19 that was produced around the same time.

BGG
12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Can't believe it. Just go to http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/ijpj/Police_Pages/history.html

gar26lw
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
wow, so its a haines\bertram v15 and its possibly 40 yrs old?

that link is pretty interesting, thanks. any ideas what a hydro-lift hull is?

i am assuming its just another name for a planing hull ?

gar26lw
12-11-2007, 09:17 PM
hmm, from what I can tell searching around, Haines must have got hull designs from Ray Hunt. he designed hulls called hydrolift's that are supposedly designed to go great in the chop.

Here is a v17, its the same shape as my hull and it looks pretty old.
note the sticker on the side

http://i4.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/be/b4/39a6_1.JPG

http://i19.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/be/b4/4513_1.JPG

this is currenlty on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Haines-Hunter-V17-Hydrolift-Hull-17ft_W0QQitemZ200165640989QQihZ010QQcategoryZ10269 8QQcmdZViewItem

here is another ray hunt design.. supposedly 23 deg deadrise and made to go great in rough water, it looks very similar to these old haines hulls.
its called a surfhunter 25
http://huntyachts.com/images/pages/sh-25_leadoff.jpg
http://www.huntyachts.com/yachts_surfhunter_25.htm

maybe this is why when I compare boats larger and much more expensive to my boat, they suck in chop.
the best Ive had in mine is 40mph in what i would say was 0.7m chop which seemed great for this size of boat but Im pretty inexperienced with other craft, other than what Ive tested and hired. Is this averge for haines hulls? I assume the bigger ones go even better?

eimeo
12-11-2007, 11:18 PM
i have a 445f haines.It took 2 years of searching and in the end i finally saw one on tradingpost on sunday night-i rang the owner and was told someone else was going to take it for a tst monday morning so i brought the boat sight unseen that night-i was luckky the boat was in fantastic condition with a great motor -i paid a heap less than 10000 and there is one on ebay for 21000 at the moment .they are an awesome boat for their size mine is a 79 model.
the plate on the hull says it is rated to a max of 55hp-i have a 75hp merc 2 stroke and it absolutely flies-literally over a decent wave if you feel adventerous.they are an incredibly safe boat and have always felt extremely safe even in some nasty weather any sane person in a 15 footer shouldn't go out in.
my only problem is carrying enough fuel-living in mackay i go out to the islands 30nm without a problem-i would go to the reef on the right day if i had enough fuel.
i have dual batteries down the back + 2x 25 l fuel tanks + 75hp merc and weight in the rear doesnt seem to be a problem.i have a 21 inch pitch prop and loaded up with 3 guys +fuel and gear it still planes without much of a problem
i am going to put a 80l tank in the front console which i am told will help the boat balance better and i have a 120l esky up the front as well.
i would like to repower with a 75 optimax but they are a touch heavy.i have spoken to lots of owners and found the 70hp yam 2 st is a good match-its 45kg lighter than my 75 and 65kg lighter than a new 75 opti.i would not like to go down to a 60 4 st as i think i would miss the power too much
top end on my little rocket 2up is about 40knots on a flat day trimmed right and light i t cruises at 28-30 knots but i usually do about 22-24knots in a 10-15knt breeze its just extremely comfortable at that speed
if you need any info or pics left me know i did a heap of research on boats before making my decision and judging by their resale value and scarcity and ease of resale they would be my choice.
formula make a new copy of the 445f and are rated to a 115-my god it would fly-there is a dealer in mackay selling them the hull itself is about 15000 but the complete package the are selling is about 38000 new!!!!!!!!
great if you can afford it

hope this helps
cheers dave

gar26lw
13-11-2007, 12:40 AM
i have a 445f haines.It took 2 years of searching and in the end i finally saw one on tradingpost on sunday night-i rang the owner and was told someone else was going to take it for a tst monday morning so i brought the boat sight unseen that night-i was luckky the boat was in fantastic condition with a great motor -i paid a heap less than 10000 and there is one on ebay for 21000 at the moment .

21k! that better be some jazzed boat :D
thats pretty lucky you didnt buy a problem there. I guess with the rarity of the hull, those that have them look after them.

they are an awesome boat for their size mine is a 79 model.
the plate on the hull says it is rated to a max of 55hp-i have a 75hp merc 2 stroke and it absolutely flies-literally over a decent wave if you feel adventerous.they are an incredibly safe boat and have always felt extremely safe even in some nasty weather any sane person in a 15 footer shouldn't go out in.

hehe sounds familiar :)
so would you say I could get my boat out that far too?
I was always concerned with freeboard as the sides are quite low.

my only problem is carrying enough fuel-living in mackay i go out to the islands 30nm without a problem-i would go to the reef on the right day if i had enough fuel.
i have dual batteries down the back + 2x 25 l fuel tanks + 75hp merc and weight in the rear doesnt seem to be a problem.i have a 21 inch pitch prop and loaded up with 3 guys +fuel and gear it still planes without much of a problem

i use a 40l tank and have x2 red plastic 22l jerrys which are rectangular & stocky. you used to be abkle to get them at repco. they are great as they dont fall over like the standard tall ones and fit in the back better.
i upped from a 75 suzuki to a 90 yam for weight reasons like you and it will still plane with 5 people and 84ltrs of fuel in it. i think im using a 16.5 inch pitch prop. its the yam stainless which has had the blades shaved. i saw harldly any difference in top end though with the engine swap.

i am going to put a 80l tank in the front console which i am told will help the boat balance better and i have a 120l esky up the front as well.
i would like to repower with a 75 optimax but they are a touch heavy.i have spoken to lots of owners and found the 70hp yam 2 st is a good match-its 45kg lighter than my 75 and 65kg lighter than a new 75 opti.i would not like to go down to a 60 4 st as i think i would miss the power too much
top end on my little rocket 2up is about 40knots on a flat day trimmed right and light i t cruises at 28-30 knots but i usually do about 22-24knots in a 10-15knt breeze its just extremely comfortable at that speed

do you still get good revs with the 21 pitch ?

if you need any info or pics left me know i did a heap of research on boats before making my decision and judging by their resale value and scarcity and ease of resale they would be my choice.

yeah I'd love to see some, thanks Dave

formula make a new copy of the 445f and are rated to a 115-my god it would fly-there is a dealer in mackay selling them the hull itself is about 15000 but the complete package the are selling is about 38000 new!!!!!!!!
great if you can afford it

hope this helps
cheers dave

so would that be hull and trailer for 15?
cheers

gar

eimeo
13-11-2007, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE][hehe sounds familiar :)
so would you say I could get my boat out that far too?
I was always concerned with freeboard as the sides are quite low/QUOTE]
my sides are quite high-you should only go as far as you are comfortable with and do it on the right day.I have sopent many years boating around the mackay islands and there are always lots of boats around.if you want to be adventurous go out with another boat so there is some one to help
i seem to get good revs with the prop but my tacho is a bit sus -i have to test it and will get it looked at the next service
the 38000 was with hull,motor,trailer +options (i think it included a targa top)
the pics i have are too large to post so send me your email address and i will forward them onto you
cheers
dave