PDA

View Full Version : Scumbags stole my trailer

BLOOEY
11-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Went for a fish in the coomera last night,back at the ramp at about 10pm to find no trailer attached to the car.Found out from a local that a group of the dirty thieves had taken off with it on foot only for it toget away from them down a rather large hill.Long story short found it at the bottom with broken lights no plug.Otherwise seems ok.Could have been worse. Ben

russ81
11-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Scumbags

Im glad to hear you got it back without to much damage
I would love to get my hands on little bastards like this

BLOOEY
11-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Got that right russ

bluefin59
11-11-2007, 12:24 PM
You can only hope one of them got hurt when they lost it going down the hill hahaha glad you got it back though....matt;D ;D ;D ;D

BLOOEY
11-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Ha ha like the way you think matt.Found out the coppers nabbed a couple of them.

ShaneC
11-11-2007, 09:26 PM
G'day all,

On this subject I took my little fella out in the tinny the other day from Scarborough to run the boat around into the canals at Newport. Decided to leave the boat in the canals, so rang the Coastguard so that nobody would worry about the bloke and little kid that took off in the boat and never came back.

I planned on taking the boat in the Bay the next day and going back to the ramp afetr this to collect car and boat trailer. The guy at the Coastguard told me when I rang that there have been cases of little arseholes taking trailers off cars and pushing them down the ramp into the drink.

Just letting everyone know that this shit is happening everywhere atm, would be great to hang out in the carpark and catch them in the act but that would make us as bad as them, and we would be the ones in the cell after a good night of Redfern folk dancing, as fun as it would be.

So lock up your trailers well, I am in the process of writing to Redcliffe council to try and get some posts erected at Scarborough so that you can secure your trailer to a solid object as well as your car. I think it would be a good idea, but there is still nothing stopping them vandalising stuff I guess. Anyone who thinks this is a good/ bad idea, please feel free to let me know.

Sorry for the long winded post, just thought it relevant to let everyone know what has been happening at Scarby of late.

Great to hear the fuzz grabbed the little shits blooey, I just hope they get something coming their way that proves to be a deterrent.

Shane

Fishing_Freddy
12-11-2007, 05:23 AM
Good to hear the cops some of them little ##### but they need to make an example of them to deter others from doing the same. Glad you got your trailer back as it would be a pain in the ass with no trailer to get your boat home.
Ken :beer:

Didley
12-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi Blooey
Which Coomera river ramp was the trouble at, I fish there often and want to know weather to worry:-/ .

roydsy
12-11-2007, 12:33 PM
I use a trailer lock and don't have a worry. For under $50 its piece of mind.

Glad you got it back okay.
cheers
Roydsy

Peter4
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I agree with Roydsy - invest in a trailer lock.

Mine cost $20 (a basic heavy duty one) but is worth thousands in peace of mind!

Pete

mass
12-11-2007, 02:38 PM
boys not only should you use a trailer lock - but if you have a box section tow toung lock that up too - i use to work at a boat yard and i have heard they not only steal your trailer but your tow toung too.

bastards

KAGEY1
12-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Glad Of The Good Outcome Mate.
Bring Back Public Flogging I Say!!!! Lol
Cheers, Geoff

Ryan.S
12-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Mob of pricks. Might have to blow the dust of that trailer lock ay.

FNQCairns
12-11-2007, 04:23 PM
A recipe for the trailer to still be there when you get back..

1. use removable lights.

2. Consider a home built joby.

3. If not home built paint it over anyway with grey cold gal.

4. Paint it all in grease then drive a long dusty road.

Gotta say I feel very confident when I park my trailer next to you blokes:)

cheersfnq

basskid
12-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Thats a good one FNQCairns.
ahhahahahahhahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahhahahah ahah

BLOOEY
12-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Yep after i rewire the trailer(cables are stuffed) a shiny new trailer lock is the next purchase.Might have to check the rims for cracks to. Still it's a shame you have to do it.Didley the one on the lake mate.Ben

Didley
13-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Yep after i rewire the trailer(cables are stuffed) a shiny new trailer lock is the next purchase.Might have to check the rims for cracks to. Still it's a shame you have to do it.Didley the one on the lake mate.Ben

Bugger! That is the ramp I use, I was there 6am on Sunday morning. I got a piece of glass in my foot from the smashed bottles on the ground. Boat ramps tend to attract the feral element that likes to destroy what ever they don’t have. I bought a new Commodore some years ago, it was about a month old when it was parked at the Noosa river ramp early one morning, had every panel kicked in.

Dirtysanchez
14-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Thats awful fellas, why can't people just bugger off and leave things alone ?

I used to have a length of 20mm gal chain welded onto my draw bar, beyond the coupling etc, and I would wrap this around the tow bar body and lock it with a LARGE padlock.. only coz I had all the gear available.. If I get another boat the locks would be the shot, but as said, easy for them to take the tow tounge off too if you don't have a lock.. I even know one bloke who had his trailer pinched, and they used a spanner to take the coupling bolts off !

All he had left was the coupling on the towball, they must have had a spare ! ?

BLOOEY
14-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Yep.Dirty f%$#@! thieves. In my case it seemed to be be young fellas full of p1ss and bad manners,and a padlock on the hitch would have prevented it.In saying that though if they were after my trailer for their own boat there is probably not much that would have stopped them.A pair of bolt cutters, hacksaw or cordless angle grinder would make short work of most anti theft devices. Ben

pog mo hoin
15-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Nail the Buggars up I say, it's just not Cricket and plain bloody un Australian...Whats going on in this bloody world, Bastards that just have to destroy what the average Joe works his passage out for. People and Pollies thinking Santa's HO HO HO is offensive. Etc, Etc, Etc. I tell you this if I was King of the world things would be a little Bloody Different and a Hell of a lot more Bloody Australian.

Little grey men
15-11-2007, 03:55 PM
People and Pollies thinking Santa's HO HO HO is offensive. Etc, Etc, Etc.

Makes you wonder what sort of world these people live in where this is the sort of thing they worry about....Sounds like an easy place to live. they should come down and live with the rest of us for a while. Heard this HO HO HO business on the radio and just lost it. Pick on us no worries, but,
LEAVE SANTA THE HELL ALONE !!!

spook76
17-11-2007, 06:18 PM
hey there all
I agree , with FNQ carins That make your trailer look like sh*& or do the best to make it look like it a bad lookin trailer Id used to fish from the m1 ramp at coomera all the time fish at stupid hours and never had anyone tamper but on the other hand did fish there in day time and we had 2 trailer go walkabout but one was a wake board trailer and the other was a 2 in 1 jet ski trailer but i had a big pad lock and chain attach to my little trailer

finga
23-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I try and back into something solid like a guard rail or tree or other vehicles (no...no touch parking by me) so if they want my trailer they're gunna have to work for it and hopefully there'll be an easier mark.
I padlock the safety chain to the car (with the d-shackle) as well as a little padlock in the hitch itself.

DR
23-11-2007, 09:44 AM
i use a 'Hitch Helmet' can be left on for towing as extra security. very hard to get at the padlock to cut it off..

dodgyone
30-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Ive actually had one stolen while we were out fishing in Darwin. Never saw it again. Not a nice feeling fishing a midnight tide change to get back at 3am and find no trailer.>:(

jas_07
06-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Ive also bought a trailer lock. When you think of it $50 is better than a new trailer

TonyM
08-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Here's a really good article on avoiding trailer theft on the club marine site:

http://www.clubmarine.com.au/internet/clubmarine.nsf/docs/MG16-6+Theft

Cheers
Tony

swabio
14-01-2008, 09:39 PM
I must admit.... I have been wondering how much theft goes on at boat ramps..... it is a thief's paradise... It would seriously suck big ones to come home after a night out fishing to find your car or trailer vandalised or stolen!

joeT
17-01-2008, 12:50 PM
They need to install monitored and recorded CCTV at each boat ramp. It is not expensive these days and we should get something out of the rego for our boats and trailers. I'm not an advocate of having cameras everywhere, but having lived in london, where there is more CCTV than anywhere in the world, it does make it safer to walk around at night. Some of those cameras can even talk to you to tell you to get lost!

Crestcutter
18-01-2008, 06:09 AM
It would be worth spending the night in the watch house if i got hold of a few of them..

JoeyT is on the money , but problem there is someone needs to monitor them. Redland bay carpark had 30 000 dollars worth the damage done to the islanders cars last weekend and it is only 200 meters from the Reddy bay cop shop. CCTV might have prevented it...

Darryl.

Janelle
18-01-2008, 08:00 AM
It is important to check with your insurance company too. Many of them will only pay up if your trailer was locked onto your car. I know some insurance companies also specify that it has to be an approved trailer lock purchased from a store. Chains and padlocks don't count in some cases. Would be a double blow to have it stolen and then find out you're not insured when you thought you were. I think the lock rule might also apply when the boat is at home too.

Cheers,

Janelle

seamaid
19-01-2008, 09:11 AM
;D
boys not only should you use a trailer lock - but if you have a box section tow toung lock that up too - i use to work at a boat yard and i have heard they not only steal your trailer but your tow toung too.

bastards
Yar dead right Mass ive gone a little further and put 2 sets of security lockable wheel nuts on the trailer rims, got the keys to all hidden in the vehicle, how much further can we go, if they want it the bastards will go out of there way to get it.

Remendy---- CAT AND IRON TAILS
Cheers