PDA

View Full Version : help boat to buy

cowboycowley
08-11-2007, 09:01 PM
i have between 12000 and 15000 grand to spend on a fishing/family boat what should i get???

Lovey80
08-11-2007, 09:20 PM
How many people/children are you putting in it. And is it for inshore or offshore?

Cheers Chris

Redspeckle
08-11-2007, 10:13 PM
i have between 12000 and 15000 grand to spend on a fishing/family boat what should i get???
You have left a very big question for people here to answer it below here so information to ask yourself first then came back with bit more detail question (not trying to be smart just trying help you out here it’s a start )
What’s the towing rating of your current vehicle rated at in brake weight from 750kgs to 3.5 tonnes (you don’t want have upgrade your vehicle so can legally tow it a lot of people fall into this trap)
How old the package want to look at e.g. no less than 10 years old or want new boat package what size style of boat you want centre cab, cuddy cab, half cabin ,tiller steer ,or centre or side centre console or a cat ( 2 boat hulls join together) which material made from alloy, fiberglass, Kevlar ,polyurethane ,Timber
What mainly fishing going to do fresh or salt going to do both where on the River/estuary/bay/inshore /offshore and what fish species going to chase and style of fishing bait /soft plastic /trolling bottom bashing /crabbing
Can you afford to run and fill up the boat fuel tank what kind of outboard 2 stroke, 4 stroke outboard or in board motor and what size horse power outboard /motor also they safety gear to go with the baot and the electronics
What kind of hull on that can get up on a plane or a displacement hull
Its very Hard out there to get a good 2nd hand combination of outboard, boat and trailer usually get one or the two of them in reasonable condition
Where going to store the boat in a garage /carport /shed /put big trap over or just leave it out in the weather
Are you taking the boats you looking at for a water test?
Where buy boat from a dealer or private (there advantages and disadvantages too consider) are you getting a qualified person in to check the condition of the hull and motor and trailer
its not just a matter and just going by the baot and I think this is enough for now
Mitch