PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage

Ryan.S
07-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Well finally picked up the new vessel yesterday arvo. Took it for its first trip this morning, (before the rain set it). Not the best boating wheather up here in the bay at the moment but i was more than impressed with the handling and comfort. Took the wife and daughter over to the Maheno Resturant on fraser for Breaky and would you believe i didnt even wet a line. Promised her id just take her for a cruise on the 1st trip. I did actually throw a baitcaster combo under the towels. Just in case. Any way here is a few pics of the newest member to the family.

jtpython
07-11-2007, 05:32 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO
Nice rig mate
Shame bet next trip you'll bleed her with the fish onslaught
JT

Timmy94
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
What motor is that? The little one is in 2 minds lol

Ryan.S
08-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Motor is a 2stroke 40. Cheaped out i know. Never had a four stroke so just thought id stick with the 2's.

KAGEY1
09-11-2007, 10:26 PM
ryan, congrats on the new machine. looks great in the black.
here's hoping the fish are attracted as much as i am!!
cheers, geoff

polky
12-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Awesome looking rig Ryan, good luck when you get to wet a line, hope she gives you years of pleasure. Polky

Argle
12-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Ryan congrats on the new boat, looks sweet in black! Hope you and the family get to spend many enjoyable hours out in her. Whats the go with the Brekky at the Maheno mate? Can you just rock up off the boat or do you need to book? We are coming up to Hervey Bay for a couple of weeks and I reckon a Brekky over at Fraser would be a top idea! I will keep an eye out for your rig while we are up that way, if you see us say g'day!

Cheers and Beers
Scott

Ryan.S
12-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Will do scott. Yeah mate you can just cruise over and walk in. I have never booked. But it probly might be a good idea in busy times. 30 Bucks a head all you can eat and everything you ever imagined ettable for breaky. And some more. I just tie up at the jetty during the week but if its abit crowded or i have gear in the boat i anchor out and swim after dropping passengers off. Make sure you go far enough. Nearly ended up high and dry in the old boat after a few beers at the Sand Bar with my brother on state of origin night. Mrs would not hav e been happy!
Give me a call if you see me mate. Ch73 Burnin Midnight
Cheers

Ryan.S
12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
4Got to metion. She is now christened. Went for a fish saturday. Landed 5 nice sweetlip 3 blue tuskfish and a stripey. And about 3000 sparrowtail. Also got a winter whiting which was a surprise on the artificial reef.

Argle
13-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Ryan, thanks for that mate, will have to put that on list of things to do. Told the missus last night and she is pumped at the idea! Congrats on blooding the new rig too, man I cant wait for my hols to start!!! Will keep an eye out for you, we will hopefully be out and about most days, call sign is "Moniker"

Cheers and beers
Scott

Ryan.S
15-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Sound good mate, your mrs will love it for sure. You comming up at chrismas? will keep an eye out. Im out there most good days. Cheers

Argle
16-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Ryan, last week of Nov and 1st week of Dec will see us up that way....not long now, hope the weather is kind to us 8-)

Cheers and beers
Scott

Ryan.S
16-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Hope so mate, hasnt been to flash for a while but there is always somewhere up here you can hide mate. You gotta love those 5-10Knot SE winter days but. Good luck with the trip.