PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of a boat!

smiley_doobinator
05-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone could give me any about getting rid of a boat. I ahve a 5M glastron runabout that I need to get rid of. I bought it as a project about 12 months ago, I hav since purchased a nice little half cab that the misus fell in love with and I couldn't refuse. Now the problem is I am stuck with runabout and need to get rid of it basically cause I dont need it anymore. I thought abou advertiseing it as a giveaway only I want to keep the trailer as it is a great trailer and I want to put the half cab on it. It is basically just a hull and nothing else so I dont think anyone would want it anyway. So the problem remains how or where do you get rid of a boat you no longer want. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Coontakinta
05-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Shame ur not in adelaide m8, Id take it off ya hands and probably even give u acarton of Tasmania's finest for the previllege.

Old boats make Gr8 snapper wrecks doen here!;D

Can ya send it down for me do ya think.:P

timddo
05-11-2007, 03:30 PM
one man's junk is another man treasure.
Smiley, put it as $50 or a carton of beer and it will go real quick.

Roughasguts
05-11-2007, 03:32 PM
How about a pre-school the hull might make a great adition to there play ground.
But the local dump could just hit it with there dozer and turn it in to land fill.

smiley_doobinator
05-11-2007, 03:53 PM
I thought about calling some kindy's but here are a few spots that small kids could get into but may not be able to get out of. Great idea though. Well if anyone does want it you dont even need to cough up a carton just let me know where I can drop it off. Like I said though I am keeping the trailer. ;D

PADDLES
05-11-2007, 04:24 PM
They Make Awesome Sandpits For Kids

bluefin59
05-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Taking it out in the bay and sinking it at spot X sounds like a great idea not that you would want to be seen polluting the bay but in a years times it would be a gold mine i would think......matt;) ;) ;) ;)

smiley_doobinator
05-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Not a bad idea Matt but I think towing a boat witn no motor or anything ele for that matter would look a bit suss.

BaitThrower
05-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I thought about calling some kindy's but here are a few spots that small kids could get into but may not be able to get out of. Great idea though. Well if anyone does want it you dont even need to cough up a carton just let me know where I can drop it off. Like I said though I am keeping the trailer. ;D

PM sent ;D

tunaticer
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Only if you do it in the daylight..... you want a location to use for a reference point??

Jack.

bluefin59
05-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Your on to it tuaticer but i can give you a mark also it'll only be our little secret please....matt

smiley_doobinator
05-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Hmmmm wonder if I could start a bidding war here he he he he just kidding. Now ya's have got me thinking. It's fibreglass I dont know if that would make a diff at all.

finga
05-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Bung a picture up.
If it's a decent project I may be interested :D

bluefin59
05-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Things appear to be hotting up for this [reef] woops i mean boat let the bidding begin i bid i anchor some rope and some besser blocks ...matt

BaitThrower
05-11-2007, 07:25 PM
umm i bid a used tea towel, in perfect condition though :P

Roughasguts
05-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Insure it. Then sink it ,for a reef after all any vessel being towed should have insurance and public liability.

timddo
05-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Smily, Auction it on ausfish and donate to charity or VMR

blaze
05-11-2007, 08:29 PM
IMO any well shaped hull even if it has rotted transom and no stringers is worth $500. You wont lay up a boat for that money or make a mould. Options are to split it and make it wider, raise the gunnel height and fit a modern style top deck, fit a hull extension pod, the mind boggles. Definintly a project
cheers
blaze

smiley_doobinator
05-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Pitty you live in Tassy Blaze or you could have it. dont really want any money for it it doesn't acually owe me anything, the trailer alone was worth the couple of hundred bucks I paid for it. Well got some thinking to do now. A few guys have expressed an interest so I imagine onr of them will end up with it.

BaitThrower
06-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Im new to boating and definitely project mad. I do a lot of woodwork so have all the tools to do her up if shes worthy of it ;)

smiley_doobinator
10-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Sorry I havn't paosted in a few days guys, been very busy as its coming to the business end of the college semester. Anyway just to let you all know the boat has a new owner, a mate brought a guy from his work over to have a look and he came back about an hour after that with a trailer and took it away. Thanks for all your help guys and all the advice. This is why I love being a member of ausfish it's awesome.

heatsink
21-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi

Just wondering if you managed to offload your boat. I am looking for a project at the moment and may be interested.
Cheers

Peter

Woops. sorry had not read final post.