PDA

View Full Version : Jackalls worth the Money! Glenlyon Dam

PIE GUTS
04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon14.gif Re: Jackalls worth the Money! Glenlyon Dam
Sat morning we made it to the dam about 06:30am , after the longest 98 km's of my life, no matter how many times you do it it just doesn't get any shorter anyway thats my gripe! The old man want to get into some serious bobbing so after 30 mins at his 3 favourite spots to no avail, I finely convinced him we need to do some trolling.
As I don't have an electric motor we had to rig up 2 x 20L buckets and trim the motor right up to acheive about 3km's/h which I think is a little to fast but it was the best I could do.
For the next 5 hours I trolled 2 stump jumpers and 2 tn60 Jackalls.
Unfortuneately the only 2 hits I had on the stump jumpers was of the wooden variety:-/ (mind you still enough to get the heart jumping out of my chest).
The Jackalls however where worth every cent as we managed to get 8 yellowbelly in the Esky and dropped 2 - 3. It was the first time I had seriously trolled in fresh water and I can confirm that it is tru that '1 fish on a lure is the equivalent to 5 on bait '.

I am very interested in knowing how any one else did at Glenlyon on the weekend because I don't believe they where really on the chew.
I can't wait to get back to the Dam (which should only be about 2 weeks) for another go!;D ;D

Cammy
04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
good catches mate!!!! you no what ya need to do now, get JACKALLS!!! lol

cam

bdowdy
05-11-2007, 07:00 AM
fished there friday and caught 3 fish casting jackells from the bank ,they were all over them, pity the 30lb cod that were getting caught that morning didnt like them, did you here of any more over the wekend. cheers bdowdy...brett

rossco
05-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Also did well casting jackalls about a month ago for yella's at Glenlyon.

rossco

yellahunter
05-11-2007, 06:39 PM
well done mate,
the jackalls surely are a great lure.

hey any pics....?

Bassjunky
06-11-2007, 08:34 AM
My dad owns a property about 15 mins from glenlyon so I can ocasionally sneak away for a fish. After around two hours of trolling (for the elusive cod) without a touch I decided to flick some jackals for a while.We had noticed the water was rising by the plants that are under water. We manged to get 14 yella's from casting at the bank. All were caught on pearl ayu colour th60 mask vibe in around 4 to 6 foot of water.

Did anyone else notice how many wild goats are around the waters edge now?

bdowdy
06-11-2007, 01:52 PM
hi bassjunky when did you fish glenlyon, and yes theres been heaps of goats lately, also seen a few emus and a mob of pigs a few trips ago.the water is still on the rise and the yellas are loving it, cheers bdowdy...brett

Bassjunky
06-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey bdowdy,
I was on the dam on sunday afternoon, I would have liked to get out more often but the old man wanted to put sheets on his shed roof and we had his boat down there and I don't like to borrow others gear too often. It was a bit windy and cloudy. Thought it was going to rain again like sat. Iwould like to fish the dam more often but am in between boats at the mo.:'(

Here is a pic of a little cod from last time I was there

NAGG
06-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey bdowdy,
I was on the dam on sunday afternoon, I would have liked to get out more often but the old man wanted to put sheets on his shed roof and we had his boat down there and I don't like to borrow others gear too often. It was a bit windy and cloudy. Thought it was going to rain again like sat. Iwould like to fish the dam more often but am in between boats at the mo.:'(

Here is a pic of a little cod from last time I was there

Lovely cod that!!! ... Nagg

bdowdy
07-11-2007, 05:54 AM
nice cod i only live in tenterfield and fish here regulary. its a up and down dam you never no how its going to fish,something that worked yesterday wont work the next.cheers bdowdy...brett