PDA

View Full Version : Boynedale Bush Camp

bneue4
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
tretefgdrt

NormC
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I've been trying to find this out myself bneue4. I've been up there 4 or 5 times in the past 2 years (most recently in March this year) and each time, the water has been lower. I think it is a bit over a meter lower than in March now.

I rang the Ranger last week. He said people are still using the camp and are getting boats in. I'm not sure where though.
Based on my last trip, it might be tough without a 4WD and any boat above 4.5m or so might also be difficult due to shallow water and weeds near the bank.

I'd love some first hand info though from someone who has been there recently.
We are hoping to be at Boynedale for 4 or 5 days from 10th November, then head down to Monduran for 5 days or so.
Fallback position is probably to spend the whole time at Monduran if it looks a bit tough on launching at Boynedale.

the_matrix
03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Its bloody low up there guys, I wouldnt be launching without a 4b, small boats yep possible but a tonne of very nasty stumps and rock sit just below the waterline so I would be extremely careful.
The weed extends well out from the bank so bring a lawn mower.
Jas

Awoonga
04-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Yes as Jas said Stumps everywhere....Need a 4x4 to launch...

rainbowrascal
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi, I launched there two weeks ago and yes it is very low and you will need a 4x4. There were about six other trailers there, mostly small boats with small motors. As soon as you launch you have to head down the arm as there is not much water above the ramp. The bush camp is about half a kilometre from the water.
:D:D:D

Steboe
01-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Boynedale ramp last week