PDA

View Full Version : Planning to Visit the UK?

kingtin
02-11-2007, 08:21 AM
We've been playing with the idea of showing the kids their roots for sometime now but have been put off by the cost of car hire and accomodation for 4 and particularly the logistics of being in a certain place at a certain time.........close to my old fishing haunts ;D

I've spent considerable time researching how to manage this and a motorhome seemed the cheapest and handiest way. To add to this, I have found a company that has excellent testimonials (most from Aussies) and this company charges less than half the price of other companies, their rates being similar to that of car hire :o They achieve this by using older, but perfectly serviceable and sound models of motorhomes. Add to this that the Aussie dollar currently now buys an extra 5pence more than it did 3 months ago and it will likely go further in the future.

To say that I am delighted is an understatement and I am now looking for one of those old style "pier rods". ..............the ones that have a fairly stiff action up around 10 kilo and are less than 9ft two piece. This is because I have to hire a car for the day, to go to the motorhome site and I need them to fit inside the car as roof racks are not provided. I also don't want anything bigger littering up the motorhome.I have one which I got from cash convertors but it seems that they are no longer made or carried by major suppliers. I could get one made but could not justify this simply for a 4 week holiday.

I was going to put this in the wanted section but thought posting it here would serve the dual purpose of informing others that may be interested, of a more affordable way of touring the UK.

If you want details of the company, do not hesitate to pm me as bookings taken before Dec, for next year, are offered at this years prices.

Atlantic Cod................look out! ;D

kev

Me, I like to call a spade a spade. I'm not particularly outspoken, I just think it's confusing to use any other term for it.

GazzaB
02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
kev,
off home ha!

back to backpool? i'm going home for a friends wedding in feb, its going to be cold and wet, it will be good to see some green grass again, but a short vist will be all i need!
you all better now?

gazza

kingtin
02-11-2007, 07:06 PM
kev,
off home ha!

back to backpool? i'm going home for a friends wedding in feb, its going to be cold and wet, it will be good to see some green grass again, but a short vist will be all i need!
you all better now?

gazza

A while to go yet mate before I'm up to scratch. Not sleeping well due to still being unable to turn onto my sides. The wounds have healed but the rib cage is still sore and "clicking" where they wired it back together.

I'm having a couple of days in Cornwall and Blackpool visiting rellies, a couple of days in London (the kids want to see the Tower, and 3 weeks touring the Lakes and the Scottish highlands. Can't wait to taste the fish 'n chips, Hollands pies and the black puddings ;D

Personally, I ain't bothered but I think the kids should know where they hail from. A pint of Old Peculiar will go down well though ;D

You working yet?

Will give you a trip in the big rig when I'm up to scratch.

kev

haggis
02-11-2007, 08:59 PM
hey kev hope you & the family have a good holiday over there .
why dont you buy one while on holiday then bring it back with you .
I have a daiwa super sensor pier rod that gets me some funny comments from my Aussie mates but it has taken sharks in the bay to baramundi in awoonga .
oh fish & chips wrapped in newspaper magic . when scotland try haggis deep fried in batter from a fish & chip shop . now my mouths watering .
cheers fae haggis .................................................. ....................................

GazzaB
02-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Mate sounds like your heading in the right direction, something like thatís going to take time,
Ill hold you to that trip.
As for work, i had to get a job, to pay for the fishing those sp donít come for free!!!

gm33
03-11-2007, 05:48 AM
If you decide on visiting London "WHO KNOWS" get in touch

Gary

Poodroo
03-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Kev I know you have been thinking hard about this trip for a while. Go for it. After what you guys have been through I couldn't think of a more deserving family to have a holiday. Enjoy as I am sure you will.

Poodroo

kingtin
03-11-2007, 08:31 AM
If you decide on visiting London "WHO KNOWS" get in touch

Gary

Cheers Gary. Mate, my kids are dead set on seeing the Tower of London.........torture chambers did it ;D

If you can get me a pass to fish one of those royal lakes I'm sure we could catch a decent pike or two. Who knows? ..............perhaps we could make a movie together? ;) ;D

kev

kingtin
03-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Kev I know you have been thinking hard about this trip for a while. Go for it. After what you guys have been through I couldn't think of a more deserving family to have a holiday. Enjoy as I am sure you will.

Poodroo

Thanks Andrew. I think we owe it to our kids to show 'em their roots. I don't want 'em to grow up thinking like me...............that they were found wrapped in newspaper under a gooseberry bush ;D

kev

spinyeel
03-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Check out this site.WWW.WORLDSEAFISHING.COM. Very good information on salt water fishing in old Blighty.

kingtin
03-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Check out this site.WWW.WORLDSEAFISHING.COM (http://WWW.WORLDSEAFISHING.COM). Very good information on salt water fishing in old Blighty.

Cheers mate. It's nice to see that some of my old haunts are still producing. I went out from here some 20yrs ago and pulled one weighing in at 254lbs.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/scotland/oban_skate_fishing.shtml

kev