PDA

View Full Version : Monduran Last weekend

darylive
01-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Well got two good'ns. ;D Thursday night 92cm in 'A' bay trolling after flogging the sticks to no avail. Then Saturday morning trolling the wall I picked up a 94cm 25lb. :D Word soon got around and Saturday arvo and night there were 25 boats trolling the Wall!
:o I have never seen so many people at Monduran as there was last weekend. There were a hundred boat trailers at the ramps, some parked a six pack walk away from the water. I am pleased to report most were well behaved and quite in the camp. As alway there were a few yobbos but even they were pretty well behaved for yobbos. There were plenty of reports of no fish from a lot of people.

A coupla blokes came down from Awoonga for the day one day saying they had no luck there so made a day trip Monduran but still caught nothing.:bandana:

It was bloody Hot :angryfire: . Caught up with a couple of Ausfishers, Angler 1 did you get of the rum long enough to wet a line eventually :P.

How did other go?

barra_mauler001
02-11-2007, 08:40 AM
sounds good mate, have heard a lot of reports about this dam.

paulgray
02-11-2007, 05:11 PM
We were up there for four days from thursday till sunday, on our first Barra trip. Spent two days up in the stix for one hookup. We decided to get up early on saturday morning and hit the basin. My wife caught 5 between 900mm and 1.2m on a gold B52. I got one at 95cm on a gold scorpion on 6lb braid and a 001 samurai bass rod.
We caught one each on Sunday morning at 115cm and 118cm. All were released to fight another day.
We had a ball!;D

Steve B
02-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Paul bet your glad you changed tactics!! good fishing mate. Good to see they were all released too. Well done to you both.

eotbmg
02-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Darylive
Hey mate its Ben here from the 4.35m sea jay and 30hp Hoonda.
Well done. Congrats on the fish.
We ended up with a few after speaking to you on the Saturday. One was a real goodn from the sticks well up past we spoke.
Cheers
Ben
Ps The boys eventually got on to some fish at Awoonga

Cammy
02-11-2007, 11:34 PM
allwell always get them next time

angler1
03-11-2007, 09:59 AM
darylive we had a ball on saturday- night, no i didnt get one for myself but robbo ended up with three all 86cm out of c-bay. will be back in january to give it another crack. good to see your hard work payed off.

darylive
04-11-2007, 08:36 PM
EOTMBG ob1kinobe, ;)

Glad to hear you and the boys got some slime on the brag mat eventually. 8-)

Among other tales the 94 I got Saturday morning grabbed my new lip grippers I bought at Foxys Friday and tossed them across the lake.
The Bastards don't float! Bugger! :'( You get that on the big jobs :-/

'Angler1' glad to hear you are still alive I thought you might have fallen victim to the evil spirits, the ones you were drinkin :P

The point of the exercise is to go fishing. Catching Fish is a bonus.
A BLOODY GOOD BONUS! ;D

showusyourcods
09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Iwas there on the weekend and got 7 strikes 2 blow aways and one fish

Justin

LOCKEDUP
10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Tough Weekend Hey Justin, Hope Ya Still Had Fun. How Big Waz The One U Got!

showusyourcods
14-11-2007, 08:30 PM
98cm and about 30 pounds. but we lost bigger ones
I still had a ball. there is so many different spots and techniques you can use at monduran and my GPS came in very handy

happy casting
Justin

eotbmg
14-11-2007, 09:33 PM
yeah a gps is extremelly handy at monduran for getting home at least. Especially if your thirsty for a beer!!!!!