PDA

View Full Version : choke problem 25hp OMC 2stroke, 1993

artesian
01-11-2007, 08:16 PM
G'day,

The choke/primer pump still works, but the fitting that goes into the crank case isn't letting the fuel in.

Would appreciate any suggestions - thanks in anticipation (yes, buy a new 4 stroke has occured to me but $$ are an issue ;-) )

Rick

Spaniard_King
01-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Rick, if you can get hold of a set of oxy tip cleaners you can use this alternatively get some throttle body and carby cleaner and use the nozzle that comes with this to squirt down the nipple to try and unblock it.. the tip cleaners are good too :)

artesian
01-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks Garry, a mate has oxy tip cleaners, and I have some carby cleaner, so will put that plan into action.

I did wonder whether there was some kind of one way valve in the fitting that goes into the crank case? I seem to remember something about some compression in 2 stroke crank case from high school manual arts....???

Spaniard_King
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Rick, they are just a straight through nipple, CC is limited at the choke (internally)

artesian
01-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the info Garry, will have a play on the weekend.

artesian
02-11-2007, 06:14 PM
bought some new tip cleaners today, politically incorrect to play with boat as it is my loverly wife's birthday.

Tomorrow it is. Will nip down to the hose place for a replacement for the hose I split due to long term pointless application of the primer pump :-). Should have fixed it a while ago.

artesian
03-11-2007, 05:47 PM
on closer inspection there are two nipples connected to the choke/primer pump, both blocked.

Have unblocked the one in the base of the carby using the technique Garry advised, but the one in the crankcase is putting up a struggle. Will keep marinating it in carby cleaner, and keep poking at it.

Giving it a squirt of 125psi air may have not been a good idea on my part, but I think it was 100% blocked, so hopefully I haven't consolidated the crud.

artesian
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
late update, gave up attempting to unblock the nipple on the crank case, connected a single line from choke pump to nipple on carby, primed and pulled the rope, only to see fuel coming out of the nipple on the crank in pulses. Hmmmm.

Reconnected all plumbing, and it works. Think crankcase nipple is probably a one way valve on this motor??

Another tip, the fragile looking T piece that splits the line to both nipples is surprisingly tough, provided one does not twist the fuel line onto it :-) Happily in stock at Nthside and only a few $$$ once located on the parts list.