PDA

View Full Version : extended draw bar

Captain Seaweed
01-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Hello Fellas,
I am getting a crew together for the Toyota Fraser fishing comp this year. I am in the process of getting boat and trailer ready. I want to get a new draw bar made up can anyone recommend someone I can get to make one up. I am located in Brisbane. Its my 2nd comp but first time taking the Vagabond. Any tips and hints appreciated. I will be towing with a 4.2td Patrol ute with some mods for extra power and a 4.8l patrol wagon. Boat is a 6.2m Vagabond.
Thanks in advance
Marty

hoga
01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
hi we tow my 6.2 haines up there never needed an extended bar have seen heaps of things go pear shaped with others using them beter of with a stand by tow 4x4 a strap at the ready

coochie_fisher
01-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi Capt'n,
I take it that you want the longer drawbar for beach luanching? Do you want something temp or for long term use? If it is for the beach only you could get something fabricated out of (SHS) Square hollow section steel, short term unpainted or long term have it galvinised, You could make up a "Y" section to clamp to the front of your trailer and if you get the right sizes and wall thicknesses you can make a telescopic pull! if you plane to galvinise it you will as a generall rule need to allow 2mm more clearance. Let me know if you would like any more info. You can buy Duragal SHS but not sure off the top of my head on clearances and wall thicknesses etc.
Rgds ;D

Oh Gee
01-11-2007, 09:05 PM
G'day Marty,
If your willing to go to Lawnton, give Rick at Ammer Services a call 38899216. I'm sure he'd be able to advise you and fabricate what you require.