PDA

View Full Version : Camping locations SEQ

Cheech
01-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Now that I am all geared up with a new 4x4, we plan to do a lot more camping. Went to Fraser earlier this year and will be doing more trips up there. But are there other good locations closer to Brisbane. Does not have to be caravan parks as we have everything for in the middle of nowhere camping. Actually prefer that.

Would like to be able to just pack up in a Friday arvo and head away for the weekend/long weekend.

Primarily interested in beach, but would also like to do a couple of trips inland.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheech

darylive
01-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Mate,

Cross over the Noosa river at Tewantin and get on the beach at the North Shore and head north till you get to the Cooloola Shire and you can camp on the beach from the sign up.
Much the same as Fraser but a hell of a lot cheaper ($5 barge for a start). Same frontage as Fraser Island no permit required for driving on the beach and only a coupla hours from Brisbane.

What am i thinking? Don't go there ! and tell your mates the same thing, I hate crowds.

Blue over silver Nissan Patrol BYO & say Hello.

Cheech
01-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks Daryl, I wondered about that area. It sort of seems that the highway and towns are all inland and that area from Noosa up to Fraser is not populated. Apart from the barge, do you have a camping fee? If yes, is it the same as for Fraser where you book via the EPA.

2DKnBJ
01-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Cheech

If you are wanting to head west have a look at Gordon Country in the link below.
Great place to get away from the rat race and chill out.
If you would like some more info shoot me a pm.

http://www.around-oz.com/lifestyle_mh/campsite/index.htm

Cheers Dazza

Tailortaker
01-11-2007, 09:15 PM
For a beach camp close you cant beat Bribie Island on the ocean side. for inland go to Sandy Creek family park ( I think it's called) It's about 45minutes out of caboolture just north east of Kilcoy. It's private property so bookings are essential. It is limited to about 20 veichles per weekend. They have toilets with hot showers, Good grass campsites,open fires allowed and some really good 4x4 tracks rated from beginer to extreme. If you need more info they are listed in the book "Dirty Weekends" or pm me for the info.
Cheers TT
________
Malaysian recipes (http://www.cooking-chef.com/malaysian/)

cuzzamundi
03-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I rackon rainbow is your best bet. also fingal is supposed to be great as well. IMO moreton is the best locally, but you may have trouble getting a barge on the friday night.

cuzza

bungie
03-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Little yabba creek outside of Kenilworth

Haji-Baba
03-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Try Kurrumbul Homestesd just East of Goondiwindi.

Camping on the Dumaresq river.

the lobster
14-11-2007, 04:57 PM
We really liked Jimna state forest when we lived down that way. It's North of Kilcoy. Nice open camping area, very relaxing. Not a great deal to do but I'm sure you could find some decent 4x4 tracks.

matt

first_mate
14-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks Daryl, I wondered about that area. It sort of seems that the highway and towns are all inland and that area from Noosa up to Fraser is not populated. Apart from the barge, do you have a camping fee? If yes, is it the same as for Fraser where you book via the EPA.
Cheech - yes you do book via the EPA website. There is a ranger station just before you get on the cross river punt and I think you collect your pre-paid camp tags there.

Happy Camping.

Angus

Black_Rat
14-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Cheech,

Ya can't go wrong with Moreton I reckon plenty of beach fishing available or Noosa North Shore is a good place to stay at.

Louis
18-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Wivenhoe dam, (Captain Logan camp), is close to brisbane and has firewood provided and showers and toilets.

It may be worth a look at.

I often camp here on weekends as it is so quick to get to after work on a friday night.

Louis

Ryan.S
18-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah Noosa to Double island is the go. As north as you can go. Its great up there. Catch your own worms and pippi's, get a feed of bream dart and whiting, the keep a few live whiting and go throw them off the rocks. Caught some nice fish of them rocks. More gutters than u can stick a poke at.