PDA

View Full Version : Charity Fishing Seminar

Lucky_Phill
01-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Follow this link to find out more, held in Brisbane on 7th Nov 7pm.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=118710

Cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
05-11-2007, 06:46 PM
And there is a sausage sizzle and drinks for sale. Help support the VMR.

Phill

theclick
05-11-2007, 07:17 PM
will be there if im free :D

just look for the nerdy looking kid with messy hair

charleville
08-11-2007, 04:42 AM
Did ya all see the size of those whiting that Wayne Young had in his esky at the seminar last night! :o :o :o

Gasp! Unbelievable!!! :o :o :o

That was another terrific show that Nugget organised. Apart from the lengthy political presentation by the Lifestyle and Fishing Party at the start of the proceedings, there was no hard sell at all, even from the Toyota Dealer who hosted the event.

360 people booked for the event but there were a lot standing and extra office seating was brought out to augment the 360 hired plastic seats so I suspect that more like 400 people attended.

Which was the highlight of the night? Hard to say as each of the three speakers was excellent - although Wayne Young brought a new dimension to humble old whiting fishing for me. All those 40cm+ whiting in his esky with a "normal" sized one sitting there for comparison purposes - simply awesome! :o

"Well done!" to each of the three speakers, Southside Toyota for hosting the event and especially to Nugget for being able to pull such a big crowd and such fine speakers. The charity auction raised a very tidy sum in the mid $2k range also, thanks to some generous donations great prizes and an obviously appreciative audience. :)

I have been to a couple of the seminars that Nugget organises at his sponsors' premises such as this one and the one at Leisure Marine and they are terrific. The presentations are less commercial than what you sometimes get at the boat shows where the speakers are often very good but sometimes are mixed in with guys who are just going through the motions promoting some brand of soft plastics or sounder or electric outboard or downrigger or ....

As a fishing seminar groupie, I vote this one as being one of the best that I have attended. Thanks to Nugget and to all the sponsors and speakers. :) :) :)

whynott
08-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Yeah charleville,
You beat me to the punch.
Another great, informitive night.
Well done again Dave, and everyone that assisted.
Looking forward to the next one,
Graham.

Shane Boese
08-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Nugget

Mate thanks for a great night. Also thanks to Southside Toyoto for the venue.Great to see that the kids got a good donation as well. If as you say that Wayne Young had never done something like that before you would have never known it. Wayne did a great job in fact he told us to much, god help the Whiting. Thanks to John Gooding and Gavin Dunn for the info they gave.

Regards
Shane Boese

Chris Ryan
08-11-2007, 06:09 AM
here here to all the previous posts on this. Great night, good speakers and money for charity raised to boot!! Win-Win-Win in my books.

Top Job Dave.

Cheers,
Chris

fishyjoe
08-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick note another outstanding evening well done to Nugget and the hosts at Southside Toyota.

Also a huge thanks to Rick, Gavin, John and Wayne for great presentations on each of their respective topics.

This is the second one I have been to and they just get better and better.

Thanks to all involved.

Joe

plaztix
08-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Very informative night. Thanks to all invloved. Being only 2 minutes drive from home i couldn't miss it and what better excuse to go psuedo fishing than to help sick kids.

How bout the 42cm whiting.............you could call them 'shoulder' slappers. Absolute monsters.

bayfisher
08-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Cant really anymore then has already been said , a great night and good to see some $$$ raised for charity

Cheers Chris

Lucky_Phill
08-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes wayne had some ' snodger ' whiting there.

and Yes the Nerang River produces good quality. pic below. ;D :-X

Phill

Nugget
08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks to all those that attended - you made the night a big success.

Youngie (Wayne Young) did a great job - his preparation with all the different baits, rigs and those monster whiting, really made it interesting - his very first public speaking engagement. I'm sure we'll see a lot more of him in the future - look out for his articles in Bush N' Beach mag - he has just started writing.

John (John Gooding, Outlaw Charters) was excellent - the crowds around him during the break were an indication of the respect he has in the industry - when I asked first him to the talk at a charity seminar he was saying yes before I finished the sentence. He has a big heart when it comes to supporting kids. I'd also like to thank John's sponsor Jarvis Walker / Penn for the great prizes they donated.

Gavin (Gavin Dunne Ecogear rep) has a wealth of knowledge and didn't hold back - I know I learnt a lot. JML / Ecogear also donated a great goodie bag of lures which were much appreciated.

I couldn't promote the fact that the new 200 series Land Cruiser was going to be there because the official Toyota launch isn't for a few weeks – however I did hint heavily on 4BC - we had quite a scoop there and it raised a lot of interest.

I’d also like to thank Rick Huckstepp for coming along.
When it comes to politics, I try very hard to give all parties an equal opportunity.
I felt it was an obligation, with so many Moreton Bay users in attendance and an election looming, to highlight the proposed closures – this is our playground and I for one do not want to see large scale closures and what that will do to our industry.
While Rick is Secretary of the Fishing & Lifestyle Party, he is also one of the best informed about the proposed Moreton Bay rezoning, what happened with GBRMPA.
Rick also had Power Point slides showing maps of zones, current and proposed and a lot of facts and details.
I would like to point out that I also offered Shane Boese from the Fishing Party a voice but Shane said he felt this was a charity event not a political forum and declined to speak publicly.
I did tell attendees that Shane, a candidate for Bonner, was in attendance and pointed him out for those that wanted to discuss politics during the break.
I know there is a lot of angst over the party split but don’t know how I can be much fairer than that.

Thanks for all those that attended – judging by the feedback and attendance, it was a great night. Keep an eye out for future events… coming to a town near you!

We raised $2748 for the Children’s Cancer Support Foundation – that’s what it’s really all about.

Cheers

Dave ><>

PinHead
08-11-2007, 09:02 PM
well done nugget..so many ausfishers there and I only saw 3..where were you all hiding?????

haggis
09-11-2007, 09:08 PM
cheers dave for a great seminar . the first one that I have been to . I learned quite a lot especially from gavin dunne & youngy . I even got a packet of ecogear twin tail grubs . so many thanks to you , southside toyota , vickie point vmr for the great snaggs & all the speakers on the night .
cheers fae haggis .......................

charleville
09-11-2007, 11:17 PM
.so many ausfishers there and I only saw 3..where were you all hiding?????

I was standing sideways. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Horse
10-11-2007, 07:14 AM
I second the above comments. Great night, good cause and the presenters were very genuine http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Smilies/thumbsup.gif . Youngy blew my mind with those Whiting :o . I just have to find someone keen enough to go and dig the bait for me ;)

Well done Dave

:laola:

Nugget
14-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Representatives from the Childhood Cancer Support Foundation were please to accept our funds raised.
They attended 4BC studios to accept the cheque.
Cheers Dave ><>
http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/junk/cancer2.jpg

Lucky_Phill
14-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Where's ya hat Dave ???????

Great effort and all for a good cause....

Cheers Phill

Nugget
14-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes - one of the very few pix you'll see of me without my hat - didn't recognise myself! Even the missus said who's that grey headed guy with the cheque!

Dave ><>