Redspeckle
31-10-2007, 04:04 PM
31st October 2007
News Item

The Fishing Party today announces that Bob Smith the party founder and
chairman will be leading the party's Qld Senate group ticket to contest
the coming election. Elizabeth Stocker will be his running mate for the
group.

Mr Shane Boese will be representing the party in the seat of Bonner.

In 2004 the party stood Senate candidates and received 29,000 first
preference votes which ultimately contributed to the election of the
National's Barnaby Joyce.

Fishing is enjoyed by twenty five percent of the nation who contribute in
excess of $3 billion to the economy. That means over $300 million is
returned to the states through the GST arrangements which the party will
endeavour to get a fair percentage of that returned to the users instead
of governments introducing levies, fishing licenses and higher fees.

Access to the public waters, water quality and quantity, better facilities
for the boating and fishing public and families, sensible and sustainable
management of the renewable resource are priorities in the party attempt
to get representation into the political system where the decisions are
made. The good healthy environment of both land and sea is important to
maintain a sustainable resource so the party will pursue and call for a
better science perspective and agenda to control that future while
endeavouring to maintain public access.

The party opposes any anti-fishing agenda where the science is overpowered
by emotion rather than facts.

The party takes this opportunity to inform the fishing community that The
Fishing Party has not changed its name and is not related or associated
with any other party including any claiming to be representing fishing.
The party puts on public record that proceedings have commenced in the
Administrative Appeals Tribunal on the 29th October against the Australian
Electoral Commission with regard to the registration of a similar
political party who The Fishing Party is claiming used members of The Fishing Party in either a fraudulent or misleading way to gain party
registration. This most likely outcome will end in the Court of Disputed
Returns after the election with that result a political bun fight.

For further information:
Contact Bob Smith
0265560338, 0432252789
www.thefishingparty.info (http://www.thefishingparty.info/)

Mitch

seatime
31-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi Mitch,

Oh what a tangled web has been woven! It's no small wonder fisher folk that don't log on to this site can follow the proceedings. Even those of us that do are struggling.

I'll admit I was perplexed when I received a membership application to the AFLP as my membership with "The Fishing Party" hadn't expired. At the time it appeared as only a name change, when in fact it was an application to join a new political party. Mine went straight to the Recycle Bin.
However, I know of a few supporters who mistook the application as a renewal of their membership to the "The Fishing Party" because they thought they had changed their name to the AFLP. They weren't too impressed when they found out they had joined a new political party instead of renewing their membership with the existing "The Fishing Party".
The use of "The Fishing Party" letterheads and receipts, with AFLP hand written above, and along with the accompanying 'thefishingparty' website domain name probably added to the misunderstanding.

Will "The Fishing Party" honour memberships for those who have inadvertently or mistakenly joined another new political party? and if they are able to resign from that other political party?

If my interpretations or explanations are wrong, apologies in advance.

Steve

PinHead
31-10-2007, 09:46 PM
the contact number for Bob Smith is a NSW number and he is standing for the Senate for Qld..what would he know about Qld's probelsm etc. Why doesn't he stand in NSW??

Can't you mob just let go...all this crap about appealing to tribunals etc...worse than when Hanson had One Nation

Hunta
31-10-2007, 10:18 PM
You have gotta be kidding me!!!!:angryfire:

Lets have a look at this: First of all Bob Smith is a cockroach (both by residency and personality) is it even legitimate that he can run for QLD as a QLD senator when he lives a thousand Kms away? I didnt say legal - I said legitimate as in moral etc.

When the constitution established the senate as a house of review, they set it up so that each state would have adequate representation. What does it mean when we have NSW cockroaches trying to stack Queenslanders votes? Thats just the first in a long line of travesties being committed by this small bunch of spoilsports!

Now this NSW mob is trying to take the credit for Kevin Collins hard work at the last Senate election, from what I have read it was Kevin Collins and another local QLD bloke who ran for the Fishing Party (QLD) at the last election and preferenced Barnaby Joyce and got him past the line – NOT Bob “Bloody hands” Smith and his crew of inbred wannabee spoilers.

I would ask these reprobates – as a Queenslander and a fisho why should I support you? Why are you doing this? If you really want to represent fishing and its interests why don’t you do it on your own patch of turf where you actually live? Why come up here – something really stinks about this!!

Just my opinion but I think someone has their nose outa joint about something and I figure it’s the fact that the Fishing party (qld) split from the NSW based body and became the AFLP an independent organisation. You’re acting like a spoiled child who cant take it and now you have decided that if you cant have “it” no one can. It’s the political equivalent of that father killing his kids – driving his car into the dam just to spite his wife. It’s really pathetic!!

You say you’re representing fishing but you’re really just killing it. When they close Moreton Bay and the rest of the country, I’ll know who to blame! We can track it right back to this very moment and safely say that it was the selfishness of a few individuals that killed it for everyone!

Normally I’m not a really passionate person, but this has really stirred me up, I’m only one person but right now I really want to join the fight and help Kevin Collins and the Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party to kick the Bob Smith and the Fishing Party’s Butt!! Big Puff Daddy, you seem to be the man in charge of helpers, put me to work, let me know what we need to do. Is there anyone else out there who feels like this is Bu#@*t?? I’m sure if we got together we can make a difference.

Chris Ryan
31-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey Hunta,

I can't comment on your post, but if you have a look in the News Section at the Thread about Boothworkers from Kevin, it has details on helping or just send an email to boothworker@aflp.org.au with your details. Once your email is verified through our systems the details will be passed onto me and I'll be in touch and organise things for you.

Cheers,

Greg P
31-10-2007, 11:09 PM
So is Shane running for the senate as well?

kc
31-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Hmm;)

Curious to be sure. This clearly won't go away and also Steve's comments are somewhat perplexing.

Just to clarify that first.

TFPQ is and always was a somewhat seperate legal entity to the NSW/Federal branch. We charge membership. They did not. We had a seperate bank account, seperate ABN and a seperate registration with the Electoral commission of Qld.

Members of the Fishing Party (Qld) voted unanamously to adopt a new name at a federal level, that being the AFLP. Membership renewals have been sent out and if membership fees were due, they have been paid. Many members returned the forms with no payment as no payment was due.

The complexity of TFPQ and AFLP has been explained here many times and I am sadened if Steve thinks in the first place he joined a NSW organisation. We have always made it clear we are about Qld. I am also sadened if he thinks something underhanded has been done on our end.

To again state what has been stated before.

We tried to get the NSW organisation over a number of years to adopt a more representitive constitution and allow other states to have input.
This failed. This can not be in dispute because I have a series of emails back and forth to demonstrate this, plus a bit of abuse along the way.

When it became apparent that we could no longer work with NSW we decided to register with the AEC seperately and after much back and forth with the AEC, we did so under the AFLP "brand". Membership was then given an opportunity to adopt this decision (or reject it) and they adopted it unanamously.

We are still TFPQ at a state level and federally we are AFLP. That may change at the next AGM., but this was not voted on recently.

If Steve thinks he has been wronged I would happily refund his membership from my own pocket. If any members think they have been wronged in this regard, the same offer is made. We are the same people who formed TFPQ. 2 of the 5 member board are the foundation board. Much the same people have been involved since the very early days and we have and will continue to take up the fight on behalf the fishing community. We are also taking up the fight on behalf of other outdoors users as well and have substantial industry support which is, this time around, giving us the resources to have a decent run at this. This will be further demonstrated on Sunday when we feature on a major political TV show.
It is not a coincidence that we now enjoy very significant financial support from "our" industry. It is as a direct result of breaking away from NSW that the industry now supports us. They would not support us while we had a relationship with Bob Smith. Why?

On to Bob and why he would run in Qld?? I don't know. There will be some leverage off what we are doing marketing wise and this will flow some votes to Bob. There is a brand recognition for The Fishing Party in Qld. Better than in their home state because "we" have built the brand, got the profile in the media and made an impact. No doubt some voters will confuse TFP on the ballot paper with what, in essence, are the acheivements of the AFLP "team" over the last 3 years.

What will this actually achieve?

First it must be difficult for Shane. Despite our differences he has always acted honourabley and after some arge-barge made it clear to everyone that he was the QLD co-ordinator for TFP, appointed not by membership but by the NSW based chairman Bob Smith. On this site Shane made it clear to all that after deliberation, he would run as a candidate for Bonner and raise the profile of Moreton Bay closures using this opportunity. Good on him. He also indicated on this site that TFP, his TFP, would not run Senate candidates in QLD as it did not want to fracture the vote and wanted what was best for recreational fishing. Again a principled stand and we have both moved on with a degree of respectful distance and each getting on with business.

So it will fracture the vote. Not because of work or electoral appeal of someone from NSW, in our state, but because of the name identity. It will make us look like a laughing stock in the media. It will make the "fishing vote" look so stupid that anyone on the outside looking in will just take one look and say;D ;D ;D

Those who may have voted, or been considering voting for us will not. Is that the point?

Are we that big a threat to Bob that he would see us destroyed rather than see the recreational fishing vote achieve some success?

At the end of the day Bob seems to like to think he is TFP. He was chairman for life with no opportunity for anyone to ever vote him out. He once told me personally that this was so he didn't have any "troublemakers" upsetting things.

No doubt I have been a "troublemaker", not just for Bob but for the entire political system. Good!! I wear that as a badge of honour and I am certainly enjoying causing the Greens some trouble right now....more on that Sunday.

Rather than fight internally it was decided that we go our own way....and so started the bunfight.

With this "annoucment" it now requires that we take whatever steps are needed to still do the best we can to deliver a strong vote and still demonstrate that the "fishing vote" is the real deal. I am usually pretty good on my feet with the media but this is going to be a doosey.

The other issue which will come to pass is that booth workers will absolutely be the key to still making the fishing vote a political reality. Much of what is going on will pass through to the keeper for many voters. Come election day however it will need to be made clear at the booths just who stands for what and who is who. A good old QLD VS NSW state of origin. Deep down I just can't believe the perenial candidate for NSW would try to run in our state just to do damage to the fishing vote.....just amazing!

No doubt more to play our here and no doubt the many greens who watch this site will just LOVE this one.

Well done Smithy:-/ You've done it again. Does this mean Moreton Bay will end up like Byron?

This whole sorry saga begs the question.

Is The Fishing Party really out to protect our fishing? Why have they so distanced themselves from the very industry who should be their support base? (and are now OUR support base) Why are they actually trying their very best to make sure the fishing vote, in QLD, where it has a very real chance of making a point, crashes and burns? They are spending money taking the AEC to court. Whose money?

I was once told that the "recreational fishing/outdoors vote" was the sleeping giant of all voting blocks. What the hell has been keeping it asleep so long when the Greens have been wide awake and active?

This post will now be headline news for a few days but just like the last "big one" when the whole thing blew up in the first place, I would expect Bob to make 1 or 2 quick coments from the sidelines and then skulk off. I expect Shane to be highly embarassed given his previuos posts and feel for him. He is, despite our differences, and good bloke have a decent go.

Those who know me, or know of me via this site also know I have been in this for the long haul.

I just don't get, that the one time the fishing vote will really make itself headline news and put every political party in the country on notice, The Fishing Party sets out to make sure it does not:-/ .

Anyhow guys, saddle up:)

And Steve I am genuine in my offer. If you think we have done the wrong thing by you, PM me and I will deal with it.

C Ya

KC

Hunta
01-11-2007, 08:52 AM
There is still time for Bob to do the right thing and withdraw from the senate race.

BOB its time to show that you DO care about fishing and the fishing vote by withdrawing your intentions to run. You have till 12pm TODAY.

Either you care about fishing and the vote by NOT fracturing it or you care about your petty desire for revenge. You have a chance to show your true colours, this is the time where men stand up and be counted for what they really are, the next 3 or 4 hours will be very telling for you and your character.

Bob.... Please do the right thing go play in your own backyard and please do not fracture the fishing vote here in Queensland - its up to you now - are you a team player or simply a spoiler?

Hunta

luigi
01-11-2007, 11:24 AM
As far as I understand it, the Senate is a house of review with each State having a set number of Senators elected by voters registered in that particular State.

Is it really possible that a person living in one State can stand for election in a different State?

Is it possible that a political party (the Fisfing Party) can stand for Queensland in the Senate when it's registered in NSW??

If this is not illegal, it's certainly immoral.

In my book the NSW Fishing Party should pi## off back to NSW - the rec fishing movement in Queensland needs you & your spoiling tactics like a hole in the head.

Lou

Derek Bullock
01-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Good grief. My dad always told me never to trust a politician.

Derek Bullock
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Is it possible that a political party (the Fisfing Party) can stand for Queensland in the Senate when it's registered in NSW??

The Fishing Party is a federally registered party not just NSW

Horse
01-11-2007, 06:21 PM
:( :'( :-/ :-[ :p >:(

seatime
01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
There aren't any borders when it comes to 'Fishing', it's national/international/universal, if there was borders we wouldn't be able to travel outside of our resident state to fish in another. Is this the case? no it's not, anyone trying to use state borders as an argument when fishing is concerned is "clutching at straws" and desperately searching to fuel their belligerence.

As for distances from the current battleground of Moreton Bay (my backyard) - "The Fishing Party" has a representative and spokesman who lives here, no-one else does!
As for the political parties, let's look at the distances their bases are from Moreton Bay;
Airlie Beach Qld 900km,
Cairns Qld 1500km,
Weipa Qld (didn't bother)
Singleton N.S.W 700km, and
Sydney N.S.W. 750km.
You get the picture.
Some people forget how large Queensland is.
distance figures were extracted from Google Earth, as the crow flies.

Hunta
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
There aren't any borders when it comes to 'Fishing', it's national/international/universal, if there was borders we wouldn't be able to travel outside of our resident state to fish in another. Is this the case? no it's not, anyone trying to use state borders as an argument when fishing is concerned is "clutching at straws" and desperately searching to fuel their belligerence.

As for distances from the current battleground of Moreton Bay (my backyard) - "The Fishing Party" has a representative and spokesman who lives here, no-one else does!
As for the political parties, let's look at the distances their bases are from Moreton Bay;
Airlie Beach Qld 900km,
Cairns Qld 1500km,
Weipa Qld (didn't bother)
Singleton N.S.W 700km, and
Sydney N.S.W. 750km.
You get the picture.
Some people forget how large Queensland is.
distance figures were extracted from Google Earth, as the crow flies.

Thats not really the point is it?!!! It’s not the physical distance, it the fact that this is simply a spoiler tactic by a small group of smaller minded individuals set on wreaking their revenge on another group.

This has nothing to do with representing fishing for Bob Smith and small group of tiny minds, it’s about spoiling any chance the Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party has of making a good showing in the upcoming election.

If Bob Smith was so keen to represent Fishing he would have stopped or reduced the closures in Byron Bay, Batemans Bay and Port Stephens just to name a few.

Shane Boese has even admitted that before the TFP came in that Alfp stood a chance: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=118344

In Queensland, there is a very real chance that either Family First, Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (supported by ASP), and/or Pauline Hanson will actually garner enough preferences to overcome the Green, perhaps overrun Boswell, and pick up the last spot.

So stop pretending that this is about fishing – when fishing has nothing to do with it. Its about Bob Smith and the other Cockroaches, helped by a couple of cane toads (you know who you are!!:-[ :-X :angryfire: ) trying to show Kev Collins and the AFLP that they cant get away clean by “defecting” from the party. Its all about revenge and nothing else as far as I am concerned!

Fishing and the Fishing vote is simply the innocent bystander getting trampled in this whole messy process!

Interesting comment, from what I understand Chris Ryan who is on the AFLP executive lives here in Brisbane. So apparently the AFLP DOES have representation here. Hmmm who'd have thunk it!::)

Hunta

Dicko
01-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I just don't get, that the one time the fishing vote will really make itself headline news and put every political party in the country on notice, The Fishing Party sets out to make sure it does not:-/ .

My already low opinion of the "Bob Smith - Chairman for Life of His Friends and Family Dictatorship Style Fishing Party" has just hit rock bottom.

Bob, you're a dead set ######.

KC & the gang got the QLD name on the political map. Show some common sense and just leave it be & concentrate on your own back yard.

Diluting the vote will not do anyone any good. or is that the result you're looking for ? (I know you will get to read this, so feel free to speak up).

Shane, Start looking over the other side of the fence before it's too late.

Does anyone know if his daughter (His running mate, Elizabeth Stocker, from Singleton NSW) is also running in QLD ?

Edit: It looks like the word filter doesn't like the slang term for masturbator, sorry but I couldn't think of a more suitable description.

Hunta
01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know if his daughter (His running mate, Elizabeth Stocker, from Singleton NSW) is also running in QLD ?

:o So its a family affair? Dont that just beat all!!:o

Heres a guy who has so few friends and supporters in this world that the only other person he can get to follow him in his quest for Queensland glory is his own daughter. Does she know that she is on the ticket? Or is that like a birthday surprise or something?

What about all his mobs of QLD followers?? Mitch? Gelsec? Why didnt you put up your hand? Or doesnt he trust Queenslanders to represent their own State?

Big Questions... who has the answers?

Jeremy
02-11-2007, 06:25 AM
let's just drop the whole NSW vs Qld thing. State parochialism is fine but has nothing to do with the fishing vote.

Big Puff Daddy (Aka Chris) has stated that the AFLP is running candidates against TFP in the senate in other states. So bitching about TFP running against AFLP in the senate in Qld is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. Or in simple terms, hypocracy.

Jeremy

PADDLES
02-11-2007, 07:14 AM
is there any wonder that no-one (government or the general public or even uninformed boaties like myself) takes the fishing/boating vote seriously. you guys are bickering away whilst the greens stand united and crush us all. the only "sensible" and balanced voice for fishos/boaties here in southern qld seems to be the MBAA. you've still got my vote kc but this sort of thing is ridiculous, how can petty power plays like this be good for fishing/boating enthusiasts?

Adamy
02-11-2007, 09:01 AM
I totally agree with you there paddles and up to date have stayed out of this - and even now as I type I am kicking myself for contributing and I apologise in advance however there are a couple of small points that I just cant let go past.

Big Puff Daddy (Aka Chris) has stated that the AFLP is running candidates against TFP in the senate in other states. So bitching about TFP running against AFLP in the senate in Qld is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. Or in simple terms, hypocracy.Think you may have missed the point Jeremy, AFLP is currently running in other states - YES! But the candidates that are running in those states LIVE in those states. So theres no hypocrisy (spelled correctly) there. Using your argument - all parties are hypocrites - is that right? (well, truth be known they probably are;D - but not for the reasons Jeremy states::))

Apart from fracturing the fishing vote - which is done on purpose, TFP are using a NSW based daddy daughter team to achieve their aims. If Kevin Collins suddenly decided to run in NSW I'm sure the NSW people would be up in arms and quite rightly.

One more thing a quote from Kev:
If Steve thinks he has been wronged I would happily refund his membership from my own pocket. If any members think they have been wronged in this regard, the same offer is made.
I'll admit I was perplexed when I received a membership application to the AFLP as my membership with "The Fishing Party" hadn't expired. At the time it appeared as only a name change, when in fact it was an application to join a new political party.I'll gladly chip in to refund the $22 from my own pocket too - just to stop the whinging!!::)

craftycarp
02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I wonder if we will even see him up here campainging in "HIS" seat. Rofl of course we won't!! Like everyone else has said it is a spoiling tactic. He is a petty hasbeen who can't stand that other people who are more intelligent, skilled, passionate are doing a far better job than he ever could.

Dicko said it best Bob you are a ######

Hunta
02-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I'll gladly chip in to refund the $22 from my own pocket too - just to stop the whinging!!::)

Count me in, I'm good for a couple of dollars, just PLEASE make it stop!:P

Hunta

Greg P
02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
So is it confirmed Shane is running for the senate and not the house of reps ? Tried their web site but it is crap.

If its true then it does nothing for the credibility of Shane or TFP after what he posted here.

Shane Boese
02-11-2007, 03:37 PM
So is it confirmed Shane is running for the senate and not the house of reps ? Tried their web site but it is crap.

If its true then it does nothing for the credibility of Shane or TFP after what he posted here.

GregP

I believe that my credibility and integrity are still "in tact". I am NOT running for the Senate, but as stated right from the beginning, I am representing my own electorate in the House of Reps. I cannot understand the fixation that some Members have with me and the Senate. If you are able to check the ballot ticket you will see that on the Bonner Ticket I have drawn position 6.

In relation to The Fishing Party running senate candidates in Queensland, that decision has only come about since KC and his Party announced candidates in SA, and also that AFLP and the Shooters Party would be running a Joint Senate ticket in NSW which effectively splits the vote in those states. Given that KC has set the precedence of not respecting state boundaries, it is not surprising that The Fishing Party has returned the favour by putting up Senate Candidates in Queensland.

Regards
Shane Boese

PinHead
02-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Shane..no one has a problem with TFP standing Senate candiadtes in Qld..but a resident from about 500 klms away from the Qld border is too much for me...what would they know about the situations here..they don't even live here.

so.."as stated right from the beginning"..you are running as an Independent candidate in Bonner???

Greg P
02-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Thats good to hear Shane - the other stuff is out of your control.

seatime
02-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi Mitch,

Oh what a tangled web has been woven! It's no small wonder fisher folk that don't log on to this site can follow the proceedings. Even those of us that do are struggling.

I'll admit I was perplexed when I received a membership application to the AFLP as my membership with "The Fishing Party" hadn't expired. At the time it appeared as only a name change, when in fact it was an application to join a new political party. Mine went straight to the Recycle Bin.
However, I know of a few supporters who mistook the application as a renewal of their membership to the "The Fishing Party" because they thought they had changed their name to the AFLP. They weren't too impressed when they found out they had joined a new political party instead of renewing their membership with the existing "The Fishing Party".
The use of "The Fishing Party" letterheads and receipts, with AFLP hand written above, and along with the accompanying 'thefishingparty' website domain name probably added to the misunderstanding.

Will "The Fishing Party" honour memberships for those who have inadvertently or mistakenly joined another new political party? and if they are able to resign from that other political party?

If my interpretations or explanations are wrong, apologies in advance.

Steve

Here's my quote in full! i.e. in full context without the selective deletions.

Hunta
02-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Here's my quote in full! i.e. in full context without the selective deletions.

Ok!::) So where did you want that refund sent then?:P

kc
03-11-2007, 12:29 AM
I would love to be able to just stay out of what is a very destructive thread but know we get justifiable critisism if we don't keep communication lines open. Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

I personally have no problems with TFP running in Qld. They always made it clear that they would. It is a dissapointment, and yes it will dilute the vote, but despite what Shane has stated here publically Bob Smith runs TFP, not Shane, and he has always made it clear, from the very moment he started objecting to our registration, that he intended running Senate candidates in Qld. There is public record to that effect. Even a "call for candidates" (provided they come up with their own $1000).

He said so at every other occassion, and Shane's comments were Shane's comments, and never those of TFP. Shane may be authorised to speak in Qld on behalf of TFP but there is never going to be any obligation by TFP to honour any of Shane's statements, nor will there ever be. They don't work that way.

As to AFLP running in several states. We have been approached by concerned fishos in SA. TFP has no branch in SA and so there is no cross purposes. TFP is still not running in SA. Nor is any QLD person running as a senate candidate in SA or any other state for that matter. We also had approaches from WA and NT but did not have the resources to run there, despite some pretty keen guys with some finacial backing. It is a human resources thing as well.

In NSW, AFLP is helping the Shooters Party maximise its appeal after they have been unable, for some time, we are advised, to form the basis of any kind of working relationship with Bob Smith/TFP. The shooters are running in Qld and will be assisting the AFLP cause in a number of ways, including number 1 preference support.

I can say, hand on heart, we would not have even considered running in NSW alone, nor would we have decided to help the shooters had TFP not made it very clear that it was running in Qld. The surprise in all this is the choice of TFP candidates in QLD .

Bob has some profile in NSW. He is sacraficing this to run in Qld??? & dragging his daughter into this:-[ I wonder of his daughter had to cough up the "grand"?

The public bloodletting on Ausfish over the last month or so is a pity, but ausfish members who follow these posts are among the most informed and informative fishos in the state.

We don't all agree but we do all have valued opinions. While it gets messy here, it also needs to be noted that a few dozen informed individuals contribute to these debates, and, I know a few of the rival political organisations follow what happens. That's life but in the grand scheme of things you guys help form opinions but are not big numbers. 80,000 Qld fishos who read the big 3 fishing mags in this state have never heard of Bob Smith.

I am mindful that anything I ever post can come back to haunt me. Maybe some of it will but I would like to think, in the main, I am rational and considered.

I don't believe I have ever been asked if AFLP were intending to run in NSW. If I has been I would have given a straight answer. Shane was asked if TFP were running Senate candidates in Qld and gave one, which has now been shown to be incorrect. It was incorrect at the time, because his national chairman has been saying, since day 1, that he was standing candidates in QLD.

Today TFP took the AEC to the administrative appeals court. We have made application to be made party to the proceedings. As would be expected the AEC took in the heavy weights and the case is now held over till after the election. That will be "fun", as it will cast a shadow over the election results in 3 states.
If part of "our" aim is to make the "fishing vote" news, then hang on to your hats boys. It will be a ripper.

One of the great things about emails is they maintain an accurate and timely record of all the comings and goings and the history of the TFP/TFPQ "goings on" and at no stage can any of the background of years of trying to get TFP to do the right thing be contradicted.

What you are all witnessing is a demonstration of the attitude we have dealt with or tried to deal with for 3 years and why we cut ties.

I note the comments of those, like Steve, who feel I/we have done the wrong thing. This is a pity because I don't believe we have tried to ever do anything BUT the right thing by fishos. I got a letter yesterday from a mate of Steves, following Steve's line, and, good to my word, responded immediately and enclosed a personal cheque for his $22. If, after reading the enclosed letter, the guy actually cashes the cheque, I will be surprised. It is of no surprise that the only people who feel AFLP is doing the wrong thing are people in Shanes corner of the world, but, that's life. They have been "lobbied" and taken on board one point of view without nesessarily considering the other. They just need to be aware that they are hitching up their wagons to Bob Smith and all that entails. Shane has also hitched his wagon to the Bob Smith party and may regret that choice. Time will tell. I do know he has gained some support from his choice but equally In know he has lost the support of others of significant profile and influence.

In this regard actions speak louder than words, as do the relationships one forms and the level of support one gets from both the industry and the public.

I guess the thing that sits firmly in "our" corner are the email trails where we have tried (in vain) to do the right thing and the original instigation of this whole messy saga, which sits firmly at the feet of others. Now it is even being dragged into a court room, when all we want to do is be able to still go fishing.

One shining light in all this is that 4 years ago we could not get a politician to even talk to us. Now I can't get rid of the bastards. I also get the feeling that the level of s^&t we are dealing with is directly proportional to the threat we pose to the cosy status quo of the political system.

I posed the question earlier about the real motives for TFP and why it has such a poor relationship with the industry it is suppossed to fighting for. No response.

I am in Sydney on Sunday night hosting a fundraising dinner with a number of industry heavyweights and maybe they can answer the question.

On the horizon at least is being able to "retire" after the election and spend a lot more time fishing. I will have had my "red hot go" and look forward to passing the baton.

Cheers all

Kev

seatime
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
I note the comments of those, like Steve, who feel I/we have done the wrong thing. This is a pity because I don't believe we have tried to ever do anything BUT the right thing by fishos. I got a letter yesterday from a mate of Steves, following Steve's line, and, good to my word, responded immediately and enclosed a personal cheque for his $22. If, after reading the enclosed letter, the guy actually cashes the cheque, I will be surprised.
Kev

You must be referring to someone else Kev, no one I know has received a response or a refund to date.

regards
Steve

boombah
10-11-2007, 06:34 PM
How about we all ditch the North vs south mentality and try and find common ground so we can pool our resources to make a difference come election time....nsw and qld face the same issues regarding restrictions and closures....for some to insinuate that these policies are different depending on which side of the river you live on is small minded to say the least.....i was really looking forward to the election as being the one where we could make a difference....unfortunately egos and a total lack of leadership and direction has opened the door once more for the greens......i will give the greens one thing...at least they are united....

FNQCairns
10-11-2007, 06:51 PM
How about we all ditch the North vs south mentality and try and find common ground so we can pool our resources to make a difference come election time....nsw and qld face the same issues regarding restrictions and closures....for some to insinuate that these policies are different depending on which side of the river you live on is small minded to say the least.....i was really looking forward to the election as being the one where we could make a difference....unfortunately egos and a total lack of leadership and direction has opened the door once more for the greens......i will give the greens one thing...at least they are united....

Nah mate we will still make a difference but it will not come from this site we are too few and phosophicly (sp)scattered, it will come at the polling booth, I expect that just my presence handing out TFLP slips to those unknowing of the AFLP will make as much difference in total votes gained as those directly through Ausfish. Thats the reason if at all possible, everyone who does want a future with a legitimate and realistic voice, not the absolute 0 we have had in the past needs to jump on-board and hand out regardless of who they actually vote for, it's a little thing but O so important.
I curse my old man for introducing me to fishing:) I would like my children to do the same.

cheers fnq

Adamy
10-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I expect that just my presence handing out TFLP slips to those unknowing of the AFLPHey FNQ... you bending the elbow a little bit while typing???:beer:::) :beer:

What does that mean... in english?? Who is TFLP?:o who are unknowing of AFLP?:-/

Adam